• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What type of underwear do you wear?

What is your choice of underwear?

• Boxer briefs (men’s)

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Tighty whities cotton (men’s/women’s)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Boxers (men’s)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Boyshort (women’s)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Commando

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other/combination

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm a bit late on the train (!), but anyway. There are apparently quite a few people here who are able to wear undies, so, how do you find any kind that doesn't feel like they are trying to unalive you?? Any kind or size of male undies I've tried are so painful or just uncomfortable but incompatible with most trousers. Because of this I haven't worn any for years, it's no question that it's the most comfortable for me but since my stomach isn't my best friend it's sometimes a bit very scary going out in just trousers so I'd like to find something wearable at least.

i wear gray,black or orange underwear,even like panties,they give me such a sexy side,but i've never worn panties before,not even boyshorts.i can't even see myself doing my own underwear shopping.
Dancing With Myself Dance GIF by NBC
Love Yourself Pride GIF by INTO ACTION

Maybe I'm a bit late on the train (!), but anyway. There are apparently quite a few people here who are able to wear undies, so, how do you find any kind that doesn't feel like they are trying to unalive you?? Any kind or size of male undies I've tried are so painful or just uncomfortable but incompatible with most trousers. Because of this I haven't worn any for years, it's no question that it's the most comfortable for me but since my stomach isn't my best friend it's sometimes a bit very scary going out in just trousers so I'd like to find something wearable at least.
I'm just thinking, don't judge lol.
You could try sticking a daily women's pad on the bottom of your pants, or underwear, see if that helps with the discomfort and potential accidents. Sometimes there are larger or round sweat underarm pads designed to keep a shirt clean for guys, those can be stuck anywhere. They feel soft.

I'm just thinking, don't judge lol.
You could try sticking a daily women's pad on the bottom of your pants, or underwear, see if that helps with the discomfort and potential accidents. Sometimes there are larger or round sweat underarm pads designed to keep a shirt clean for guys, those can be stuck anywhere. They feel soft.
Oooh, good idea. I have tried what's here sold as "panty protector", a tin pad. They are cheap. But has not really the best shape. Though you made me realise I could try using them in other directions, though buying bigger kinds could be a good idea to try too. I had never heard about the sweat pads, but it sounds like a good idea, I'll have a look at them! I hope they are sold here too : O Thank you!

Something like this. Not sure if that’d be called boxer briefs on the poll?

Cotton (Modal) Trunks
https://www.marksandspencer.com/3pk...wN-7ONO1un9v7yDbT3caAms1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
When I last bought some I could see the design I usually buy and a new style too. So I bought all their old-style stock of the right size and then went to two more m&s stores to clear out their stock too.

Not saying I’m autistic, but I think the above…

Thongs, specifically cotton , are literally the only thing that keeps my butt from chaffing and I hate the way elastic feels under my butt cheeks. I am a pretty sweaty person. Also, I don't have male genitalia to consider.

Boxer briefs have been one of life's really good discoveries. I know, I should get a life...lol. :rolleyes:

But seriously they are way more comforable and fit better. With far fewer uncomfortable seams here and there.

Because of dermatitis, I had to switch to boxers since this thread was started.
I am getting used to them, but I miss the support of tighty-whities... :(

I've never understood why "sexy" underwear (especially women's) has to be so ugly XD
But maybe I'm just a fan of functional design.

And they must be sooo uncomfortable. Aouch.
Lace is disgusting. Cotton thong underwear are extremely hard to find and quite often more expensive. It's also impossible to find plain women's workbooks and hiking boots from trusted brand that aren't touched with pink or purple. :triumph: I shop in the boys department for shoes and pants though. ;)

Different cuts flatter different figures. It is true for women's wear, generally.
What works for one woman may not work for another.
True, though I may never understand how Painful design™ can have a market share XD
I've noticed that women's clothing tend to be more figure sewn, especially when the hospital I work at has been out of shirts, so I've worn a dress. It's figure sewn but fits me very well : P Probably better than my home hospital's straight dresses.

Yeah they might be uncomfortable, I have always found bras with underwire to be uncomfortable
But I like having support as well.
Makes sense, I don't think I could wear a bra if I had to.

New Threads

Top Bottom