• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What types of games are preferred?

I have problems with stories too, but in a slightly different way. I'll attempt to pay attention, but then once they start bringing a billion new characters in I get totally lost :D. I can't really understand most stories due to the amount of things you have to remember, so sometimes I wonder how people even play immersive games like that and keep track of what they need to do and who everyone is!
They have quest lists...
I've watched enough people playing them 😅
I usually watch those as if they were a TV series 😂 and usually, some part of the story peeves me to the point of skipping parts of it, ir fast-fowarding because some bits are so annoying.

I like consistency 😅

I have problems with stories too, but in a slightly different way. I'll attempt to pay attention, but then once they start bringing a billion new characters in I get totally lost :D. I can't really understand most stories due to the amount of things you have to remember, so sometimes I wonder how people even play immersive games like that and keep track of what they need to do and who everyone is!

Yeah, I get this as well.

Typically when it comes to gaming, if there's going to be a focus on story in something I'm playing through, it's going to be short and to the point. And there cant be too much blathering on- I mean, "talking". I mean really, if the only way a story can manage to be told is for the characters to never shut up, it probably aint a very good story.

My favorite story-focused game up to this point is this short horror game named Umfend. It's like, maybe 2 hours long, I think it was. There's very little talking at all. It's one of the games that actually stuck with me though, usually most really dont, in terms of story/setting/theme/whatever. 2nd favorite is Mothered, which... yeah that one was a wild ride.

Actually most story-focused games that stick with me tend to be short horror games like that. And typically no cutscenes. So many games overdo that. Like, I'm here to play the freaking game, not watch a movie. Never could get into RPGs for exactly that reason. Too many cutscenes and characters that just keep blabbing on.

I've forgotten where I'm going with this. Was I going anywhere? Probably not.

Base building is my go to but in general I like open world 3rd person games.

Some favorites
Horizon Zero Dawn
Far Cry 3,4,5,6
Days Gone
Ark
Fallout 76

Currently playing
SoulMask (epic survival craft in early access on PC)
SpiderMan 2 (ps5)
Dying Light

I have recently played all the Murder She Wrote Games on PC and now I am playing the sequel, the gameplay is different, has anyone else played either or both please?

I am in my forties. Growing up I had an atari 2600, sega master system 2 and SNES. As an adult I bought a PS 1 then PS2, my last games console. I like playing some arcade games too.

I am in my forties. Growing up I had an atari 2600, sega master system 2 and SNES. As an adult I bought a PS 1 then PS2, my last games console. I like playing some arcade games too.
I did almost the opposite for a time. Went from PC to PS3/4/5 and now I'm back to PC and can't see going back to console. Better graphics, upgradeable, more choices, and mods, can't forget about game mods.

World War One Flight Simulations
First Person Shooters (Quake III always a favorite)
Basic Board Games (Eight-Ball, Chess, Mines, Yahtzee)

Though my enthusiasm for computer gaming began to wane long ago when I took a job as a website designer for an entertainment software publisher/developer.

While I enjoyed making product websites and maintaining them, I loathed the corporate mentality that focused on shareholders and at times seemed contemptuous of their primary customers.

Though in time I began to become aware that this dynamic goes well beyond software. :(

I did enjoy outrun and super mario kart on SNES, nostalgia there I think. Outrun was the first arcade game I played. I had outrun for the ps2. I am not generally into racing games. I did like shoot em ups like vitual cop and time crisis. Also the shooting game on die hard trilogy. I loved tenchu stealth assasins on the PS1. I loved the resident evil games on ps1 and ps2. I liked to play the gta on ps2. I used to play soccer manager games, on the N64 (forgot had one of those too, liked waverace too). I had an original gameboy, seeing one in a museum made me feel old lol I enjoyed tetris and dr mario on the snes. I enjoyed zelda on the snes. I played lma manager and premeir manager series, they are so time consuming! I think I was kind of addicted to them! lol

I have tried golf and F1 simulators, I would be up for trying a flight simulator. A show I used to watch in the 80s and 90s was the krypton factor that tested both contestant's mental and physical abilities

World War One Flight Simulations
First Person Shooters (Quake III always a favorite)
Basic Board Games (Eight-Ball, Chess, Mines, Yahtzee)

Though my enthusiasm for computer gaming began to wane long ago when I took a job as a website designer for an entertainment software publisher/developer.

While I enjoyed making product websites and maintaining them, I loathed the corporate mentality that focused on shareholders and at times seemed contemptuous of their primary customers.

Though in time I began to become aware that this dynamic goes well beyond software. :(
Flight simulators are fun. As a child I wanted to be able to fly a small plane and sometimes still wish it.

New Threads

Top Bottom