• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why did the aspie cross the road?

Why did Einstein's chicken cross the road ?

Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depends upon your inertial frame of reference

Hey tree, would you care to elucidate?

Short answer = yes.
Extended version = Yes, I enjoy the use of language for the purpose of communication.

I am glad about the Mobius strip joke modification.
One version features a chicken.
The presumption is that the intended audience knows how a Mobius strip works.
The image in my mind of an aspie walking on a Mobius strip brings up thoughts of uninterrupted
repeated activity. Doing the same thing over and over.

A tendency toward repetition and routine is considered an aspect of Asperger's.

Short answer = yes.
Extended version = Yes, I enjoy the use of language for the purpose of communication.

I am glad about the Mobius strip joke modification.
One version features a chicken.
The presumption is that the intended audience knows how a Mobius strip works.
The image in my mind of an aspie walking on a Mobius strip brings up thoughts of uninterrupted
repeated activity. Doing the same thing over and over.

A tendency toward repetition and routine is considered an aspect of Asperger's.

Thank you tree :)

I'd intended to complete the swapping out of the main objects of the OP joke..
I now see your vision and that joke (a personal favourite, chicken and all) in a new way.. a rather restful 'sheep-jumping-over-a-fence kinda way..
..I wonder if you may just have aided my insomnia problem.. :cool:

I crossed the road because that is the way I've gone every day so far this year except for the day they were doing construction and there was wet concrete all down that bit of the sidewalk so it made less sense to wait further down at the traffic light and then cross back over at the second traffic light since the whole point was originally to save time [and other humans] by avoiding the huge cluster of people that normally come out of the train station.
...also that time my alarm didn't go off, not that day either.

:p

I crossed the road because that is the way I've gone every day so far this year except for the day they were doing construction and there was wet concrete all down that bit of the sidewalk so it made less sense to wait further down at the traffic light and then cross back over at the second traffic light since the whole point was originally to save time [and other humans] by avoiding the huge cluster of people that normally come out of the train station.
...also that time my alarm didn't go off, not that day either.

:p
Holy crap! This explains everything.

Because she liked the paving stones on the other side more then the ones she was currently walking on.

upload_2015-3-30_21-46-21.jpeg

..And I could only cross in the first place if the days date were a Prime number..

Hmm, good job the shops aren't on the other side, I'd starve to death waiting for that combination..

Yeah...I might not get to the other side if it's a gravel road and I don't have decent shoes to wade through that mess. :eek:

"There are billions and billions of chickens crossing such roads all over the universe" Carl Sagan.

I'd so love to get paid to be amongst the best minds in my field for coming up with stuff like this :D

Last edited:
Why did the Aspie cross the road?

Because she wanted to companionably commune with the chicken, who she said is "A mille fleur Barbu d'Anver, a bearded, non-booted Belgian breed of true bantam, meaning that there is no large fowl counterpart, mille fleur ("thousand flowers") being a coloration pattern consisting of a rich glowing mahogany ground accented with black V-shaped bars bracketing white spangles. The breed also comes in porcelain, self-blue, goldneck, black-breasted red, quail, ginger red, red pyle, Columbian, mottled, coronation, crele, cuckoo, dun quail...." etc etc etc :D

I kept chickens for a while and found them rather cute and cuddly - and they like being cuddled!
My favourites are BBQ and Piri Piri. :D
..Just kidding, I kept Tom, Dick, Harry, Tom2, Dick2 and Dave for the eggs and their company :)

New Threads

Top Bottom