• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

I've not seen those vids, but had come to the opinion (in my unprovable ill-educated fashion) of something similar. In that time is just the anthropic perception of causality, which equates to something like the units of space that make up the three spacial dimensions and is ... - oh great, here we go again, I was about to write "always in existence" but 'always' is only meaningful within the context of time and if time isn't real ... 🙃

Anyway, everything exists always, and time is just anthropic - we perceive time and that it can only travel in one direction simply because that's how neural networks operate. They can and do run in reverse (again, bad descriptive terms - 'run in reverse' - using time as if it's real), but self awareness only becomes apparent when it operates in one specific direction, like many electronic circuits only produce the desired results when current flows in one direction not the other. It doesn't mean they can't necessarily run in the opposite direction, they just won't do the same things in the same way. While I can't handle complex abstract math, I've read that in many area's of physics (all?) time is symmetrical - it can work equally well in either direction (except that time isn't real).

So all that, if it were the case, would also predicate a predefined universe, and the existence of fate and lack of free will, although impossible to perceive.

Because of this, we can only perceive memories constructed when our neural network operates in the 'forward' direction (the 'arrow of time'), almost like playing a recording backwards compared to playing it in the normal direction - backwards is unintelligible with respect to the original piece. As we only ever perceive this direction of flow, everything we evaluate in our brain is with implicit respect to this being a constant.

Maybe self awareness only operates in one direction, in the other direction there are thought's of sorts, but nothing our forward running minds could be aware of or know for what it is?
Maybe our conscious thoughts are emergent phenomena? (that's stretching it a bit there I think).
Like a video emerges from a sequence static images, but only in the context of moving from image to image, not in any single image (moment in time).

Some of you insights may be on the right track quantum mechanics in general does not require time. To me time is the result of movement quantum mechanics requires movement by it's very nature.

New Threads

Top Bottom