• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Companies that specifically seek autistic employees

I Have no issues with faces names different story, Do not want to drift to far off the original thread, I'm pretty sure linkedin is using this site to find us. Many of our skills are such You would not know we had them unless we self identified or in my case have a history. My former employer is so worried a competitor will get to me could cost them competitive advantage.

It's not straying very far from my original topic, it's about helping young people get a good start in life and everyone's experience is relevant.

I'm pretty sure linkedin is using this site to find us.
That would explain why I still keep getting emails from them in my spam folder even though I never wrote any details about myself on their site and haven't even logged in in over 3 years. The only reason I created an account in the first place was so that I could find a family member.

I'm the stereotypical programmer. The industry was much more friendly to autistics 20 years ago, when I started.

Now, it is somewhat discriminatory. There is a coded term - in hindsight, very ableist - "brilliant jerk." I've attended manager training sessions where it was all about not hiring brilliant jerk archetypes. Things are slowly changing, but I think once the autistic co-founder leaves, then it's an inevitable slide to NT discrimination. See Amazon, Google. Meta still hanging on because Zuckerberg is there.

Problem is, Silicon Valley was built by brilliant jerks.

The industry was much more friendly to autistics 20 years ago, when I started.
I also found life a lot easier when I was in my prime. It was a different world with a lot less rules. I was seen as odd but I was also seen as very profitable and that was all that mattered in most places. They didn't have a label to put on me so they just had to deal with me on my own terms.

Not many experts on industrial colour control around. My training, education special skills very hard to replace If my former employer could expand into the other plants it would be great but to lose business while they have a monopoly would kill them. Garage door, roofing and siding business all tar based shingles replaced by printed metal Wood appearing siding that looks so realistic, my wife was fooled when I pointed it out to her. Copper roof made from printed steel. What looks like clay tiles without the weight. No need to control batches as all the colour matches. I am the guy who knows how it was done,

Last edited:
my distant cousins email she just sent me stating she was a private eye working foe Alabama, I'm helping her with unravel her adoption.

Suppose we could start offering jobs abroad for talented Americans to get away from home mortgage issues.

Let's offer jobs abroad to Americanos, ye, see if they like working 4 us

A few come up here to avoid medical bills, just become landed immigrant, Trying to get my new daughter in law to bring her brother here. Could give him our spare bed room no cost two hurricanes in Florida very convincing
considering the offer. He has no family just his sister parents passed away. My grand daughter just has two uncles him and my other son.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom