• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling like a baby/child inside

The adult part is just assuming responsibility when you need to.
If you are unable to do that, that is a sign of a bigger/different problem, executive dysfunction.

The adult part is just assuming responsibility when you need to.
Generally speaking, especially in a NT dominated universe, the definition of maturity is as follows:

Find a mate...
Built a "nest"...
Produce and support a family...
Die, and leave a sizeable inheritance for the kids...:p

There’s a whole subculture of grown men who enjoy watching “My Little Pony” (the children’s cartoon from the 1990’s). They call themselves ’Bronies’

I know it sounds like I’m joking, but it’s 100% true.

There’s a whole subculture of grown men who enjoy watching “My Little Pony” (the children’s cartoon from the 1990’s). They call themselves ’Bronies’

I know it sounds like I’m joking, but it’s 100% true.

Actually, My Little Pony started in the 80's.

And boy, I remember the brony phenomenon. Friendship is Magic is what started the whole thing and it reminded me that even men enjoy the franchise, too (they mainly enjoy FIM, but there are men that like the franchise as a whole).

Yes maybe not babylike but childlike. I still watch cartoons and find some kids cartoons enjoyable. I feel like I haven't developed that adult like competitive side despite my age.

I don't like competition and trying to get one over others, ie. conforming to the dog eat dog world type of mentality. I'm a conflict avoider at heart and I rarely find adult type cliques attractive. My best friend in highschool outgrew me I guess, when he wanted to be around the cool people and around those who drank and partied. For me I still maintained that childlike dislike for such 'adult' things.
life is about conflict, even the toons we watch have it

Almost turning 39 and I still feel like a kid in an adult's body. I still watch kids' cartoons and playing video games for kids, but thankfully nobody judges me for it. As I've come to find out, even some non-autistic people still like childish things. At least I feel more comfortable about this nowadays.

However, I sometimes still behave like a kid. Guess it's something I'll never outgrow.
Bluey seems like something I couldve enjoyed in another timeline or with my super old self. i used to like MLPFIM but im a bit of a changed man now.

Apparently, it is common that those on the spectrum tend to be more childlike (rather than childish) than NTs).
Years ago I read how a part of the neocortex isn't as developed as it is with NTs, creating this characteristic.

On another website, chronological age Vs mindset age was discussed.
We even did an age test.
According to the result, my mental age isn't that of a child, but was significantly younger than my physical age.
According the survey, my mental age is around 35, and that is precisely how I feel.
I took more than one test recently. The one did it in age ranges and said that my mental age was between 10-15. Another one gave specific ages and said that my mental age was 13. I think these are pretty accurate.

New Threads

Top Bottom