• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween 2023/2024

Part of me wants to post the clips from Disney's "Night on Bald Mountain" - which is a segment from the 1940 film Fantasia (clips are on YouTube), but there's a part of that which would probably get me in trouble if I did so I'll leave it.

PXL_20230708_122720397.MP.jpg

Again this year, I will be giving out "Vampire Repellent" - organic garlic popcorn. I think the kids appreciate a break from all the cheap sweet stuff, the little one are impressed by the volume of a beer cup with the label taped over top, and I can make it as required instead of having nasty leftovers. The visitors here can triple from one year to the next.

My earliest Halloween memories include this cat, so it must be more than 40 years old. When you pull the string, its arms and legs dance a little bit.

1696986374490.jpeg

Continuing with Disney, how about a Mickey Mouse short that got banned for a while for being too scary?

The Mad Doctor

The part at 0:58, where the bridge starts to fall apart, reminds me a lot of Castlevania:

castlevania-vampires-kiss-3.jpg

I doubt there's a connection, besides what I posted here, but still...

Speaking of Castlevania, the entire franchise just screams Halloween with the many battles against Dracula and his friends.

The part at 0:58, where the bridge starts to fall apart, reminds me a lot of Castlevania:

castlevania-vampires-kiss-3.jpg

I doubt there's a connection, besides what I posted here, but still...

Speaking of Castlevania, the entire franchise just screams Halloween with the many battles against Dracula and his friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if the creators of Castlevania took some inspiration from this film - not to mention video game designers using the first-person perspective at 1:34 or the scene of the skeletons throwing their heads at 4:12.

New Threads

Top Bottom