• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say they want your help and advice, and then reject your help and advice as hostile acts.

When people call homosexual people "queer". I don't know why, but the word queer sounds like it could be a synonym for odd or strange or even wrong. Homosexual people aren't wrong or odd or strange.

When people who are walking chasms of despair and need interject their misery into every nearby conversation regardless of the original topic of that conversation.

Sure, I understand clinical depression (I'm going through a bit of it right now, but I'll survive), and I know that some people also have their "dark days"; but when I'm talking with someone about their plans for the weekend, and Mr. Chasm walks up and starts his litany of gloominess without even being invited to join in, that is what sets me off. And I am not the only one to whom he does this -- it's everyone who seems to be having a good time talking to someone else.

I really want to rip Mr. Chasm a new one and tell him to get a life of his own, but that would be a display of my own tactless and insensitive nature. So instead, I find an excuse to walk away and do my very best to avoid that person entirely.

When the photo I want to use on a personalised gift doesn't appear in my camera pictures even though it's there when just browsing through my camera pictures.

People who think that just because you hate having autism it means you hate all autistic people

When people say "shedule" instead of
"schedule"

When you desperately want advice for instant relief of an ailment but all the Google answers are for long-term, including diet. I want to relieve cystitis NOW so I can get a bit of sleep, not in a fortnight!

Last edited:
Chalkboards. Not just nails on a chalkboard, but chalk, chalkboards, thinking about chalkboards, etc.

I don't really have a lot of texture hypersensitivities that lasted into adulthood, but this one is pretty bad. Someone mentioned it in a Youtube video and I finally felt (oddly) validated because I had never heard anyone express how badly they hated just touching chalkboards in general.

Sometimes I wonder if things like this can be challenged, because that could be an interesting journey

People online who expect you to post a picture of everything you say about yourself otherwise they'll accuse you of lying.

People interrupting you right in the middle of you trying to tell them something, like they know what you are going to say. I don't just mean social, I mean medical or other stuff.

When people dismiss smoking as "just a choice" and not a bad thing, but lecture fat people who like sugar like it's a bad thing.

When you compliment someone but then someone else comes along and turns that compliment into an insult, and it makes you look bad

Mumsnet. The site is full of karens dissatisfied with petty little things in kids TV shows that hardly matter. Like the kids being too well-behaved in a kids show. Or kids not being well-behaved enough in a kids show.
Man when I was a kid I watched South Park and listened to Eminem but it never influenced my behaviour, nor did it my peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom