• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No one give me the crap that flying is expensive.

Trains are more fun than airplanes in my experience. They are less expensive and you can just walk up and get on the train similar to how airports used to be. I even took my bicycle on a train once and rode back to where I started.

They're probably not boasting. They are sharing a travel experience they enjoyed by talking to other people about it. You think it is boasting because you're so jealous and resentful of other people that you can't see straight. Your reactions to normal, everyday parts of life are irrational.

Please get therapy. It will help you.
Well they should shut the hell up and I told them off especially Miss A and her cozy coffee job where she reads emails and drinks coffee all day and they have the nerve to pay for her to travel by plane hotel all over in the Thursday group that's why I was out of that group. Good riddance to that travel group losers that never invited me anywhere.

Well they should shut the hell up and I told them off especially Miss A and her cozy coffee job where she reads emails and drinks coffee all day and they have the nerve to pay for her to travel by plane hotel all over in the Thursday group that's why I was out of that group. Good riddance to that travel group losers that never invited me anywhere.

Those people are not there to entertain you or to restrict their conversations for your benefit, Tony. They're socializing in a way that they enjoy, and YOU are the one who is acting irrationally. They probably didn't invite you to travel with them because you're irrational and very poor company.

Please get therapy. It would help you.

It hurts to not be included when you feel you should be, but
you've been quite vocal about how scared you are of flying.

Not particularly mind-boggling if you consider how many Americans live on credit alone. And don't mind remaining in perpetual debt. One of my family lived like that for many years.

It's why in this society you cannot judge people on how they appear to spend- or save money. Where few if any ever allude to their actual net worth.

Plus, if you sign up for frequent-flyer miles and you travel a lot, free or very cheap tickets are readily available.

They're probably not boasting. They are sharing a travel experience they enjoyed by talking to other people about it. You think it is boasting because you're so jealous and resentful of other people that you can't see straight. Your reactions to normal, everyday parts of life are irrational.

Please get therapy. It will help you.
When I hear or read about people’s travel experiences, I just think something like “I hope I can do the same someday.” or “I really should set aside money for travel.” Maybe Tony can try that?

But most importantly, Tony really needs therapy.

When I hear or read about people’s travel experiences, I just think something like “I hope I can do the same someday.” or “I really should set aside money for travel.” Maybe Tony can try that?

But most importantly, Tony really needs therapy.

Me, too, Markness. I love to hear about people's travels to exotic places where I'll never get to go. We can learn a lot from listening to people who have experiences different from us. I like to hear about the culture, the food, the dress, customs and everything else about other places.

I like to read @Outdated's posts about Australia, for example. I'd love to visit the Taronga Zoo in Sydney but I doubt I'll ever make it there.

I once worked with a young man whose passion was travel. So much so that he only held jobs temporarily to pay for his full-time traveling. An interesting guy who preferred visiting the more exotic places on earth. He owned little more than a suitcase and the shirt on his back as he once explained to me.

I still recall him telling me his next destination, which I thought he was kidding me about. -The "Golden Triangle" in Southeast Asia. But he wasn't kidding at all.

It hurts to not be included when you feel you should be, but
you've been quite vocal about how scared you are of flying.
I am only scared because of always hearing people flying and damn social media. That's why I want to actually do it, but I never get a chance, unlike every tom dick and harry I know and stranger around me.

You have to make a chance. You won't just get one. That is why people are telling you to get professional mental health help. It can help you deal with the thought patterns that are holding you back from helping yourself.

I once worked with a young man whose passion was travel. So much so that he only held jobs temporarily to pay for his full-time traveling. An interesting guy who preferred visiting the more exotic places on earth. owned little more than a suitcase and the shirt on his back as he once explained to me.

I have a friend who is a retired state criminal prosecutor, who travels all over the world by himself. He's about 75 years old, goes wherever he wants, is very savvy about how to travel, how to find the good food that local people eat, stays in hostels and B&B's, etc. He was in Ukraine less than a month before Russia invaded. It's fascinating to talk to him.

Me, too, Markness. I love to hear about people's travels to exotic places where I'll never get to go. We can learn a lot from listening to people who have experiences different from us. I like to hear about the culture, the food, the dress, customs and everything else about other places.

I like to read @Outdated's posts about Australia, for example. I'd love to visit the Taronga Zoo in Sydney but I doubt I'll ever make it there.
Even when I was a child, I liked watching documentaries and reading magazine articles about other cultures. I never thought they were “weird”, which is sadly how a lot of people in Texas think of different cultures (Even other American cultures!), but interesting and different.

Why do you feel like you won’t make it there?

I hope to visit England in my lifetime for various reasons.

I am only scared because of always hearing people flying and damn social media. That's why I want to actually do it, but I never get a chance, unlike every tom dick and harry I know and stranger around me.
I don't understand.

You want to fly, you never get a chance?

Where do you expect the chance to come from,
unless you pay for a ticket and get on a plane?

New Threads

Top Bottom