• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No one give me the crap that flying is expensive.

I am only scared because of always hearing people flying and damn social media. That's why I want to actually do it, but I never get a chance, unlike every tom dick and harry I know and stranger around me.

The scary thing now isn't the flying, but most everything to do with pre-flight arrangements and being able to provide enough time for the TSA to do their job. How you choose to get to the airport, parking considerations if you drive, and above all to be everywhere you need to be and on time.

I once had to travel from San Francisco to Philadelphia. Only to land and discover my luggage had not arrived. :mad:

Which all considered, kind of takes the fun out of flying compared to earlier times.

1726513548424.png

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sea...dBMjFPMRIKCAEQARgBKgJOSxgBIgQIARABKAIoAygEMA0

Even when I was a child, I liked watching documentaries and reading magazine articles about other cultures. I never thought they were “weird”, which is sadly how a lot of people in Texas think of different cultures (Even other American cultures!), but interesting and different.

Why do you feel like you won’t make it there?

I hope to visit England in my lifetime for various reasons.

I'm 70 years old so I have to think carefully about where I'll go. You're right, though. There's nothing to stop me from going to Australia except my own inertia.

You know, when I have traveled in Europe and especially the Mediterrian area, everyone wants to know about Texas. They are fascinated with 'cowboys and Indians', the frontier life, and eating huge quantities of expertly cooked beef! They want to go to Texas just to see it.

I have a friend who is a retired state criminal prosecutor, who travels all over the world by himself. He's about 75 years old, goes wherever he wants, is very savvy about how to travel, how to find the good food that local people eat, stays in hostels and B&B's, etc. He was in Ukraine less than a month before Russia invaded. It's fascinating to talk to him.
From the other side of flying, this is the first full week I'll have been home in a month and half, and it'll start up again soon. It's exhausting. The sleep rarely comes, I never exercise, alcohol is a constant temptation, anxiety is always ever-present. I don't have any energy to do anything except the business-related stuff.

At my old job, I flew internationally twice a month and domestically also twice. It reminds me of why I cultivated such an alcohol dependence.

Even when I was a child, I liked watching documentaries and reading magazine articles about other cultures. I never thought they were “weird”, which is sadly how a lot of people in Texas think of different cultures (Even other American cultures!), but interesting and different.

Why do you feel like you won’t make it there?

I hope to visit England in my lifetime for various reasons.

I'd love to spend a Christmas in London, just to experience what it's like.

It is true that if you just want to fly somewhere and don't care where or when it can be really inexpensive. I think the initial responses to seek mental health care were probably more useful though.

From the other side of flying, this is the first full week I'll have been home in a month and half, and it'll start up again soon. It's exhausting. The sleep rarely comes, I never exercise, alcohol is a constant temptation, anxiety is always ever-present. I don't have any energy to do anything except the business-related stuff.

At my old job, I flew internationally twice a month and domestically also twice. It reminds me of why I cultivated such an alcohol dependence.

I traveled extensively when I practiced law and I totally understand. Hard to sleep in hotels, hard to get the kind of healthy food I want to eat, always worrying about the next leg of the journey, getting to the airport on time, and, in my case, always having to hire a porter to move the boxes of documents that traveled everywhere with me. I drink a little wine and looked forward to the end of each day, when I could put on my PJs, watch television, drink a glass of wine, and attempt to de-stress myself. All too often, I'd be up half the night in a hotel room, working to get ready for the next day's deposition or hearing or meeting or whatever was on my agenda. Yeah, it was exhausting and rarely glamorous.

I slept much better in hotels. The only flight trip to Toronto i slept great even took a nap when I arrived there

Even went on the vacation from hell to Mount Pocono from my parents this terrible summer I still slept great in the hotel room bed.

I slept much better in hotels. Even went on the vacation from hell from my parents I still slept great in the hotel room bed
I note you completely skipped over the cheap flight deals and inquiries about therapists.

What do you want from these threads? Are you really seeking answers and advice, or do you simply enjoy the volume of responses you typically get?

I note you completely skipped over the cheap flight deals and inquiries about therapists.

What do you want from these threads? Are you really seeking answers and advice, or do you simply enjoy the volume of responses you typically get?
Maybe if everything we tell him from now on in his threads is "Find a therapist", he'll understand and change something, I don't know, I just see that whatever we write it doesn't help him, because, well, we can't help, we can only give some advice, and we're always giving the same ones. He always ignores all the talks about therapies and finding the job which doesn't need education. Or pinpoints how someone tried to find that for him and failed, while he himself doesn't do anything to help himself.
It feels like talking to a wall.

No I did not my friend Patricia said Florida is cheap to fly to now I believe her.
This makes the premise of this thread even more questionable, because your friend already told you about the existence of these cheap flight deals.

If you were already aware of cheap flights - then I don't see how you could be posting this thread for its intended purpose.

Here is the link to get therapy again.

It can be hard to listen to advice that one doesn't want to hear. It can be the most profitable advice to consider though. If doing the same things you are already doing could help, you wouldn't need advice.

Airlines like Jetblue and Spirit are pretty terrible. The flight ticket might be cheap, but they end up being costly as an airline ticket as they will nickel and dime you to check in your bags, picking out your seat, food and water.
That wasn't really the point of the post.

It was to show Tony that a basic ticket isn't necessarily so expensive.

New Threads

Top Bottom