• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Besides the rock crystal, I especially noticed this:

"One of the most notable discoveries is the grave of a woman, believed to be of noble standing, who was buried in a wagon, possibly the one she traveled in during her life. Her grave goods included a glass bead necklace, an iron key, a knife with a handle wrapped in silver thread, and a small shard of glass that may have served as an amulet. At the foot of her grave was a finely decorated wooden chest, the contents of which remain a mystery."

This could be someone historically important. I would give a lot to be able to look at the content of that wooden chest. Most likely her most treasured and personal belongings. When they find viking women buried like that, it's always special. Could be a local Queen. How exciting. :D
I found this article exceptionally interesting.

In a past life I vaguely recall living as a queen in Viking times… ;)

Observed a man fiddling with something burning fiercely in his hands. Turned out to be his cellphone that he had to hurl several feet away from him as it rapidly caught fire and put out a great deal of smoke. He kicked it to the curb and all he could so was stand there and watch it burn.

First time I have seen a lithium battery burn in real time. Scary.

Observed a man fiddling with something burning fiercely in his hands...
Fiddling...?
full
full

full
(He sounds like he was nero-diverse...!
full
)

Last edited:
Well, I could have said it looked like he was frantically juggling a radioactive "hot potato" if that works. Oddly enough he saw me and asked if he could use my cellphone to call the fire department. I had to tell him I don't own a cellphone. I think that freaked him out even more.

Fidgeting - Wikipedia
You’re okay with fiddling. An American idiom usually used as: he was fiddling around with the …whatever. It may have fallen out of use due to some negative uses. My mom used to say it all the time.

You’re okay with fiddling. An American idiom usually used as: he was fiddling around with the …whatever. It may have fallen out of use due to some negative uses. My mom used to say it all the time.
I was almost going to say "piddle", but Northerners never seem to get that either.

How about "fixin' to juggle" instead ? :p

Sic Semper Tyrannis...

Last edited:
No problem with "fiddling."
It is just that "fiddling" and "burning" in the same sentence caught my eye...👁️
Have you ever watched the videos demonstrating primitive skills in fire building?

That first spark goes onto a puff of very fine tinder in the person’s hands. It is fiddled with, ie. Making small adjustments in air flow etc, and then is gently placed, by hand, under the kindling.

Very intentional use of fiddling with something burning in the hands.

Also the violin could have been on fire.

Just teasing this bit along. ;)

I found this article exceptionally interesting.

In a past life I vaguely recall living as a queen in Viking times… ;)

Someone found this earlier this year, a guy was making a new road in a field and found a huge viking farm from around year 900. Lots of stuff there, for example these silver rings. Rings they wore on their arms. A very exciting find.

1729097111146.png

I fell in love with the trilogy of books by Norwegian author Sigrid Undset called 'Kristen Lavransdatter' when I was a teen. I think I was there in a past life. ;)

Those are good books, I read those when I was 14. :) We had to read them in school. "Ida Elisabeth" is also good. We had to write an academic essay, we could pick which authors to write about and I wrote about Sigrid Undset.

New Threads

Top Bottom