• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still single

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying hard not to sound harsh, but you post about the same things. People have said enough since there isn't anything else to say. They told you advice, and if you aren't taking it, why should they repeat themselves?

If you want to have people offer some help, perhaps frame your topics in a way that isn't:

"Will I ever get a girlfriend?"

"Why can't I get a date?"

You should try:

"Do you guys have tips on building up confidence?"

"Any tips for small talk?"

Or if you don't want to talk about relationship stuff...talk about your interests. Talk about anime, manga, video games, TV shows you like. Music. More about that than the above. Post in a random thread here.
I don’t want my detractors celebrating by making those sorts of topics. If I let go of wanting a girlfriend, it would mean the years of struggling I’ve had to go through were for nothing and I would be giving in to those who hate me.

@Markness

You've been fixated for quite awhile on the idea that people will celebrate if you live
your entire life without mate. This focus doesn't seem to be helpful to you in any way.

Are you able to identify any points raised in this thread that have been useful to you?

It would be OK to say 'no,' if that's the case.

What is the goal you have for this discussion?

I don’t want my detractors celebrating by making those sorts of topics. If I let go of wanting a girlfriend, it would mean the years of struggling I’ve had to go through were for nothing and I would be giving in to those who hate me.
....Huh???

Where the hell did I mention "letting go of wanting a girlfriend?"

I merely suggested changing your topics to ask for advice or to participate in different threads.

Do you think that your "detractors" will throw a pizza party because you're posting about video games instead of making another post about how sad you are about not having a girlfriend?

Come on dude.

I would celebrate upon knowing that Markness is dating -- meaning that he has a girlfriend.

That would be both good news and an answer to prayer.

I am thinking that the hope you have for this thread
is that members will reassure you that it's correct and
helpful to maintain a focus on socializing based on the
idea that some people hate you and wish the worst for
you.

@Markness

In the absence of any input from you regarding what
the intent of this thread is, that is what I am thinking.

I am thinking that the hope you have for this thread
is that members will reassure you that it's correct and
helpful to maintain a focus on socializing based on the
idea that some people hate you and wish the worst for
you.

@Markness

In the absence of any input from you regarding what
the intent of this thread is, that is what I am thinking.
No, I don’t want people to hate me.

I am not saying that I thought you wanted people to hate you.

I am saying that you want reassurance that it's OK for you to focus on the
belief that you have that people do hate you and want you to suffer.

That looks like what has been happening in this thread for the past
four years. Focusing on what you don't have and the idea that having no gf
brings delight to some people. You want outside support to shore
up that belief.

And you want people to tell you you're OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom