• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that made you laugh

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449126778.631320.jpg

I needed a new shaver. And so today I shopped for one.

My journey took me to Rexall. They had a Philips model there for $62, which is neither cheap nor expensive. I then saw the sign: spend $80, earn 100 Air Miles. Well, since I'm 77.5 per cent of the way there...well, the six-pack of Diet Pepsi was $2.50, meaning I needed about $15.50. So I grabbed a snowman pack of Smarties* and a little drum of Icy Squares, total between them of about $17.

Take the stuff to the register, the total (before tax, which is what is relevant here) is about $72. This is not making sense. I can math. The Icy Squares are supposed to be $9.99. The system charged me $0.25. Wait...what?

She scans the Icy Squares again. And the system shows $9.99. What happened?

Answer: instead of scanning the drum, the scanner scanned one of the individual Icy Squares inside the drum. Apparently Rexall sells them individually somewhere.

Also, the receipt said I earned 200 Air Miles. I expect that to be fixed because the flyer said:

Spend $40, earn 40 Air Miles OR
Spend $60, earn 60 Air Miles OR

Spend $80, earn 100 Air Miles.

The system must have thought AND rather than OR. BTW, 1 Air Mile is about equal to 10 in most frequent flyer programs.

* - for Americans, what you call Smarties, Canadians call Rockets. Canadian Smarties are similar to M&Ms, but with a higher candy-to-chocolate ratio.

New Threads

Top Bottom