• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Tangent Thread: "That reminds me of the time...."

Haha, I thought one of them had an 'r' in their name. I was going to put it in Bill's. 'r' is a funny letter, and one I really struggle to pronounce. I first worked out it was an issue for me when I was at primary school. I worked hard on it in my 20s. But I still struggle with it.

'L' is a hard sound for me, in one word, at least.
I learned to say the word 'milk' from my mother.
And eventually found out that generally people
actually seem to be saying 'milk,' not 'may oak.'

She lived her first years, and her last, in Louisiana.

I cheat when I mention this fluid to the cats. I ask
them if they want 'leche.' That I can say. And when
the orange cat wants some of this white fluid, he says
"Anh unh uh." So I get some for him. He always says
it the same way. The other guy doesn't have to say
anything. He takes advantage of the orange cat asking.

At the right hand side of one of the entrances to the primary school I attended, there was a wooden sign, painted white with black letters saying, "No Trespassing", nailed to a tree. This tree was one, of a single row of trees that lined the edge of the school grounds. A boy at the school, who wore glasses and was in the year above me, explained to me that he had misread the sign as saying "No Treepassing" which had confused him, as it was forbidding him from doing something that was necessary, i.e. passing trees, if he wanted to enter the scool property.

In New Zealand law you need to be notified twice about trespassing before you can be removed by police. Putting up a sign doesn't count as a notification. That of course doesn't mean the owner won't shoot you anyway, especially as the sign probably means they are doing something illicit like growing marijuana.

Growing marijuana is legal where I live,
providing you have a license to do so.

The government used to grow marijuana in the city in which I was born so pharmacists would have a supply of the legal stuff.

One of the girls I hung around with during secondary school had a boyfriend who was older and had his own home. They were into smoking weed. I could never understand their priorities though, as they would spend money on weed, bread, milk and coffee/tea, but hardly ever had any toilet paper in the house. Toilet paper trumps weed, in my opinion.

We're supposed to take care of the weeds growing around our house, which is a bit of a task as the previous tenants didn't. We discovered recently however that the landlord doesn't expect us to do anything with the trees. Apparently, they are of a size where they will pay for a professional to come trim them.
As an aside, we're not not overly thorough with the weeds as many of them are good food for our pet rabbit.

I used to pull weeds sometimes in the little gardens in front of our old house when I was a kid. It's officially been ten years since we moved away from that house. I keep hoping to go visit it sometime, but stuff keeps happening to our time and money.

In 60 years of marriage, my parents have moved once. It was about a year or two in, and they moved from a flat to their own house.
We on the other hand over the last 20 years have probably moved on average, about every two years. Hope to finally buy our own house later this year.

Flat-earthers are still around, believe it or not. My Grade 8 history teacher was one (or at least pretended to be one; she was insane in a mostly good way).

Cookie Monster is a letter of the alphabet according to one child on Sesame Street.

Vowel Movement reminds me of my
sister's "husband" who requires 45
minutes in the bathroom and reading
material, not that I actually want to
be reminded of him & his habits.

It is the mere similarity of the word
'vowel' to the word 'bowel' that
brings this to mind, nothing about
the content of the video.

I think this is one of those cases where American English differs. I am told that the word "toilet" is impolite in America. I can't imagine taking reading material into my bathroom, especially as many 'bathrooms' no longer have baths. How would one read in the shower?

Yeah, I guess so.
It would have been rude of me
to have said "Perry takes 45 minutes
to take a dump. He is on the toilet
45 minutes, reading New Yorker. I don't
know why he must put so much effort
into taking a s**t. Or why he and my
sister talk about this event every day.
Every day that it occurs, that is. It apparently
is a cause of celebration for the two of
them."

That would have been rude, using the
word 'toilet,' that way. It would conjure
an image too explicit, I guess.

As for reading in the shower, it seems to
me just remaining upright while water is
pelting on one's body would be sufficient
diversion and further entertainment would
be unnecessary.

That just made me laugh out loud. Tree, my friend, you are brilliant!

You are kind. :)

And now, where will the thread go from here?
Maybe the subject of kindness.
Or maybe...how to make fudge from a can
of frosting and some chocolate chips?

New Threads

Top Bottom