• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What traits would you put you off dating someone

-Abusive/violent behavior towards myself, other people, and animals
-Dishonesty
-Jealousy
-Low self-esteem
-Won't accept me for me
-Doesn't help me with anything when asked to
-Manipulative
-Loud and obnoxious
-Bigotry of all kinds

I could write a long list, but usually, the only one that gets applied is eating animals for pleasure.

I could write a long list, but usually, the only one that gets applied is eating animals for pleasure.
Wow! I think that’s wrong, too. I’m definitely not pleased when people eat animals, but it’s not a date dealbreaker for me. I just make it clear that I won’t pay for any animal products.

Cruelty to humans or animals
Dishonesty
Manipulation
Gaslighting
Infidelity
A hot temper
Being a hunter
Having tattoos
Having piercings or similar
Listening to types of music that bother my nerves
Poor hygiene
Having a bitter angry attitude
Watching sports
Having huge unnatural looking muscles
Not having enough special interests that match mine

There are others that I have not listed I'm sure.

I'd be wary if they were a cannibal. I take a holistic approach to things so it would not automatically be a show stopper. But I'd want a pre-dating agreement from them and their friends, and family, in writing, that I was not going to be on the menu. I'd want that official stamp thing on it too. I forget what you call it. Notarized! Thats it.

;)

Being a toxic narcissistic gaslighter is a total deal breaker for me. I put up with it for years because I didn’t know that I deserved better than that and I’m not letting it happen to me ever again.

-Irrational people who don't communicate and have intense emotions.

-People who lovebomb without knowing me at all, it seems insincere and fake.

- people who do not respect my want for space

- sexist or racist basically hateful people.

- controlling or overly jealous.

For me it'd be overly emotional people that think their opinions matter as much as facts even when facts contradict those opinions. I've no time for people to get emotional when it's a subject with a clearly defined yes or no answer based in documented facts.

Then I'd include
-Idiots
- Folks that don't know the difference between what a democracy with social supports in place and a fascist Communist Dictatorship.
- Rich folks - Anyone that is Rich does so at the disservice of the general community. By hoarding all that wealth they ensure that countless others will never be able to repay their debts and ultimately are forced into financial ruin.
- Folks that require 24/7 contact and can't accept that having alone time in a relationship is equally as important as together time.
- Overly materialistic folks
- Anyone that doesn't read regularly and I'm talking about books here.
- Greedy self serving people

Liable to cheat on you
Strong liberal views
Prone to typical autistic meltdowns (if they're autistic)
Likes to be an adult baby for entertainment
Beats you up
Is a narcissist or psychopath
Likes bars and clubbing
Has special interests that are boring, such as excessively playing Zelda games or
something. God I hate Zelda

Those all would be red flags for me as well. The only one I might find ok is the victim card depending on what it is. I think that might be something you can work with.

Oh, and leprosy. Only online relationship with that. ;)
There'll
Those all would be red flags for me as well. The only one I might find ok is the victim card depending on what it is. I think that might be something you can work with.

Oh, and leprosy. Only online relationship with that. ;)
Oh yes there is the whole leprosy thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom