• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

Right now, on the countertop, I'm preparing a batch of Hibiscus, Lavender, Ginger Kombucha.

I am also in the process of making Farmer Cheese, curded with Kombucha instead of vinegar. Pink salt on top, after the whey is strained out.

It is a very soft cheese, somewhere between cream cheese and cottage cheese.

A beautiful texture, great for sauces, or as a spread. The flavor is sort of like Monterrey Jack, but brighter. The kombucha gifting the cheese the slightest brie-like fermented complexity. Like a fine wine.

One gallon of whole milk will make 2 pounds of cheese.

The tangy, probiotic whey can be used in bread making, to wash/condition hair, or in beverages or sauces.

Can you use the Farmer Cheese to make Noodle Kugel? Yum. I use cottage cheese when I make it but I think Farmer Cheese would work, too.

Last edited:
Ricotta works, I have used it

Thinking about noodle Kugel - I'm going to make an old-fashioned tuna noodle casserole for dinner and probably put crumbled potato chips on top like recipes from the 1960s. It's retro food but I'll make my own bechamel (white sauce) instead of using cream of mushroom soup. I haven't made tuna noodle casserole in about 30 years. :D

In times of worry, I find that acts of service to others, seeing them happy, helps me to cool out a little. Plus this time of year, I do get the cooking bug.

In the past few days, I've made

Homemade sweet and sour shrimp, with rice (Sauce homemade too)

Spaghetti with homemade meatballs, and homemade marinara

Blueberry Muffins (Almost from scratch- I did use bisquit mix instead of separately measuring the flour, salt, and baking powder)

I was going to have scrambled eggs last night. Lucky for me I always test the edibility of eggs by dropping them into a cup of water. If they drop to the bottom and stay there, they should be fine. But all the eggs I had left bobbled at the surface of the water.

So...no eggs last night. Settled for a "Stacked Beef Burrito" frozen dinner. Tortillas, sauce, meat and lots of cheese, sort of like Lasagna.

New Threads

Top Bottom