• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

Peach Struedel, just now cooling from the oven

It's an authentic Amish recipe!!

Chop and peel enough peaches to fill an empty pie or round cake pan. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and enough sugar to enhance the natural sweetness, but not make it overly sugary (As if you were topping shortcakes).

Dump peaches into the pie or cake pan.

Top peaches LIBERALLY with dots of butter. You can't overdo this step. It's a pastry.

In the same bowl you just used, mix together:

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (optional- it makes the topping more like a cobbler)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Crack two eggs into the above flour mixture. Cream it all together with clean hands. It will have the texture of cookie dough.

Crumble the topping onto the peaches in little sections until all the peaches are covered.

Bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the crumble topping browns and cooks through.

I'm making wild fox grape jelly today. I've never had it before so this will be an experiment.

Husband found a lot of these tiny little wild grapes growing along a pasture fence. Each grape is the size of a BB and they are densely clustered. We cleaned them, removed as many of the stems as possible, washed them and then simmered them for 10 minutes with a little water in the pot to release the juice. Then we strained them through cheesecloth to remove skins, seeds, stems, and put the juice in the refrigerator to let the sediments settle to the bottom in order to get a clear jelly.

Fox grapes are native to North America and were used to "breed" concord grapes.

I'm trying to get all my chores done early, before it gets hot out. And my daughter goes to work super early in the morning. Usually she doesn't have time for breakfast.

I decided to make her a tofu scramble burrito. Tofu is a great substitute for scrambled eggs. The burritos turned out great.

In the mix there was extra firm tofu, onion, corn, home-canned pinto beans, and kale. It was wrapped in a flour tortilla.

It was sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with Himalayan pink salt, fish sauce, coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder.

They were topped with plain yogurt, Tapatio, and home-canned spicy pickled Mexican carrots.

We drank hot cocoa on the side.

It was really delicious.

Edit: And then, alas, we remembered that we are both sensitive to soy, and that tofu is a big block of soy protein. It tasted great, but afterward, our tummies were mad.
Just have any mashed bean

Vegan burgers.
1000008580.jpg

Scalloped Potatoes, extra good.

Line a rectangular cake pan with foil.

Chop 8-10 medium potatoes. Fill pan.

In a bowl, mix together 2 cans of condensed cream of broccoli soup, 2 cups of milk, and 2 cups of chicken broth.

Pour over the potatoes.

Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

* The cream of broccoli and broth aren't even needed. The traditional recipe calls for 1 quart milk and 2 chopped onions instead. And then seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I made up my own recipe because it makes it cheesier tasting and so so so good.

Last edited:
Tacos tonight. Gotta do something with my last quarter pound of ground beef.

I know...poor me. ;)

Last night was vegetarian. Field peas, zucchini and yellow squash, rice, tomato slices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on them, toasted homemade bread, some of the wild fox grape jelly I made last week.

I love to eat like this.

Sorry for the imagery but at 70 years old, regularity is important and lots of fiber keeps things moving. ;):cool::D

New Threads

Top Bottom