• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A-Z Places

Placerville, CA

1721721498314.png

1721721607421.png

Queen Street mall, Brisbane, Australia

IMG_3202.jpeg

I am quite conflicted about this. I saw him in the mall with his pet sulphur-crested cockatoo. You can’t see it from this angle, but the cockatoo was wearing a “nappy”. Around my parents’ family home these cockatoos gather in screeching flocks, especially in the mornings. I am sure he takes very good care of the bird, but they are wild; it is not deserving of captivity.

Queen Street mall, Brisbane, Australia

View attachment 132647
I am quite conflicted about this. I saw him in the mall with his pet sulphur-crested cockatoo. You can’t see it from this angle, but the cockatoo was wearing a “nappy”. Around my parents’ family home these cockatoos gather in screeching flocks, especially in the mornings. I am sure he takes very good care of the bird, but they are wild; it is not deserving of captivity.
In my country they are common housepets. Although there is some controversy as to their welfare, because they are not domesticated. Cockatoos, parrots, and macaws are wild animals kept and trained as pets.

We think it surprising when people in other countries keep our wild crows and ravens as pets.

Last edited:
Shennong Stream, Hubei, China

2017-06-18 11.11.09.jpeg

If you look carefully at the large crevice in the rock (near centre frame) you can see a “hanging coffin” or “cliff burial”, a practice dating perhaps to the early Tang dynasty (618-690). It is unclear how the coffins were placed in these locations.

Coincidentally, I was at Old Tucson Studios on April 24, 1995, when much of it burnt down. We were scheduled to have a conference dinner there, but were ushered out as the fire took hold and loaded back onto the buses as the conference organisers frantically scrambled to arrange dinner for about 200 people at half an hour’s notice. Behind us the fire did about $10 million in damage and losses, but there were no human casualties.

Uppsala, Sweden

IMG_0095.jpeg

Full disclosure - this is not one of my photos. I visited in 1973, and saw these burial mounds at Gamla Uppsala, but our camera was stolen later, in Goteborg. I have no surviving photos from that trip.

Yerongpilly, QLD, Australia

IMG_4659.jpeg

This is looking along Moolabin Creek. “Moolabin” is indigenous for “plenty of fish”. Yerongpilly is on the left bank, the other, east bank is Moorooka. “Yerongpilly” is indigenous, meaning “rain coming, enough just to fill the gullies”, i.e. shallow water. Moorooka is another indigenous name meaning “big nose”, named for a local, prominent hill.

Choeung Ek, Cambodia

IMG_20191209_110039.jpeg

The killing fields…
[EDIT: I have removed the distressing image. On reflection I considered that I have to live with having seen it, but nobody else should, unless they seek it out themselves.]

Last edited:
Choeung Ek, Cambodia

View attachment 133743
The killing fields…
Feeling heartbroken. A church I go to sometimes has a Cambodian congregation that meets in a separate chapel.

We must always be thankful for where we were born, and the blessings we've had handed to us, no matter how small, in our lives.

Escadaria Selarón, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

IMG_20180708_112403.jpeg

[Edit: I have no idea who she is. It is difficult to get a photo of the stairs at this point without someone posing there.]

New Threads

Top Bottom