• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any of you not able to make friends? I know I very rarely make friends.

I just notice something. When I go to a new place or join a new group I have to make friends instantly especially with women and put that in big bold because that matters that 99% that they are not men and are not married or it's a complete failure. They have to be all to myself to. The more solo the better, or the failure. If they ignore me, give me two word convo's, or won't hang out with me outside, they are snobs and backstabbers. I then write crap about then on social media and in private messaging. Then I am actually there for a while the men and couples are nice I actually get to know them all including the girls and find out some are shy and have issues. Now I feel bad and it's not all me. I am learning. I then realize actually girls do approach and talk to me when I am nice and tip them sometimes and actually talk to me when I don't recognize them randomly. See where I am going. I am learning from almost zero experience except a brief from my early 20s which was also a PTSD mess I did not learn from.

Last edited:
For me, the funniest of facts is that I never tried to make friends. I'd be the kid sitting alone in the corner of a room full of other kids, and one or two others always ended up deciding to come and talk with me. Then, after a bit of forced chit-chat, they'd decide we'd be friends.

Even as an adult. We had a Church meeting, I was one of the new people, and a couple of other ladies decided I should be their friend 😅 I didn't complain of course.

I have a few good friendships that happened like that.

Of course, a lot of those situations didn't turn out well but 🤷‍♀️
Lucky person. I'd sit alone. Instead of someone coming over to befriend me, a bully would notice I didn't belong to a group, making me an easy target. Except for the bully, the rest of the kids would hardly notice me.

Lucky person. I'd sit alone. Instead of someone coming over to befriend me, a bully would notice I didn't belong to a group, making me an easy target. Except for the bully, the rest of the kids would hardly notice me.
Some times, after the curiosity had run out, the kids that had approached me, would decide they didn't like me after all. Then I quickly became the target of their jokes.

I remember in 6th grade, after the first introductions, one boy decided that I was too ugly. He started calling me Yuck. From the cartoon Mighty Man and Yuck.
Yuck was Mighty Man's dog, and he had to constantly wear a doghouse as a mask, because anyone who looked at his ugly face would faint with horror.

Usually though, it were girls that hated me after just a few minutes of having introduced themselves to me. Never was able to figure out why. I was taught to always be respectful, to mind my words. So I still don't get why other girls hated me.

Nowadays, it feels like they sort of take me on as a "improvement project" and try to change me. But I have some very firm moral guidelines, and can be rather blunt if I'm "not getting it", whatever IT may be. One lady once called me Voldemort, after I tried to get some extra clarification on a matter. 🤷‍♀️

I don't really have any trouble making friends. I just have no idea what to do with them once I have them.
So I have no friends.

New Threads

Top Bottom