• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has my “time” come so to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t see her today; I just got to keep going until I see her again?
Yep. But also try to relax. If she likes you then it will happen. But things have a way of happening in their own time. Relaxing and letting things unfold is part of how you allow things to happen. Going after them is only half the job.

I didn’t see her today; I just got to keep going until I see her again?
That could feel uncomfortable on her end - I wouldn't love it if someone kept showing up at my work looking for me.

Perhaps you could write a note and leave it for her. Take a chance and give her your phone number in the note. Otherwise, it seems better to leave it to chance than continually showing up at her work hoping she is there.

The hardest thing I ever did was asking a stranger out on a date. It takes fortitude that I haven’t got, so I never did it. I’m just a big chicken.

But we need a hero!! You gotta do this for the team!! Go ask her out!!!!!!

It's just a first step. One foot in front of the other. But making that step gives you the possibility of getting where you finally need- and want to go. This is good. :)

If you have seen her around and talked with her for a few months, that's a good start. Maybe ask her if she wants to get a coffee or a danish pastry or something after work sometime?

I had more loses than wons. If you went through the crap I went through you would never trust another person in your entire life.
I have had very bad experiences (not only with couples but also with friends) in fact one was recently, but it is still worth it, the alternative is isolating yourself in a cave, basically not living.

I have had very bad experiences (not only with couples but also with friends) in fact one was recently, but it is still worth it, the alternative is isolating yourself in a cave, basically not living.
Which I am not doing. I literally purged them, photos and all. I only follow my yoga studio, even telling my yoga teacher today who is close to me and got emotional. I am going to the new church today. The new pastor already personal welcomed me to come.

If you have seen her around and talked with her for a few months, that's a good start. Maybe ask her if she wants to get a coffee or a danish pastry or something after work sometime?

Or "somewhere else" sounds better.. ;)

Assuming you know what "Dutch Bros." is, as her employer.

They just finished building one near me. I'll have to try their coffee. Heard it's quite good.

Or "somewhere else" sounds better.. ;)

Assuming you know what "Dutch Bros." is.

They just finished building one near me. I'll have to try their coffee. Heard it's quite good.

I have never heard of it before, googled it now and I see that it is a coffee chain. :) Maybe ask her if she wants to get something else then. A slushy and a danish pastry perhaps?

I have never heard of it before, googled it now and I see that it is a coffee chain. :) Maybe ask her if she wants to get something else then. A slushy and a danish pastry perhaps?

Yep...I figured as much. But technically they are strictly a "drive-thru" operation. We have a few others like that in town like "The Human Bean"....famous not so much for their coffee but how often they are robbed at gunpoint. :oops:

Though a slushy sounds good....especially when it gets hot. :cool:

Last edited:
Which I am not doing. I literally purged them, photos and all. I only follow my yoga studio, even telling my yoga teacher today who is close to me and got emotional. I am going to the new church today. The new pastor already personal welcomed me to come.
Nothing ventured nothing gained, As a quality engineer fail to plan plan to fail.

Yep. But also try to relax. If she likes you then it will happen. But things have a way of happening in their own time. Relaxing and letting things unfold is part of how you allow things to happen. Going after them is only half the job.
I turn 36 this summer, though, and I still don’t regularly date.

That could feel uncomfortable on her end - I wouldn't love it if someone kept showing up at my work looking for me.

Perhaps you could write a note and leave it for her. Take a chance and give her your phone number in the note. Otherwise, it seems better to leave it to chance than continually showing up at her work hoping she is there.

This is good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom