• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has my “time” come so to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest thing I ever did was asking a stranger out on a date. It takes fortitude that I haven’t got, so I never did it. I’m just a big chicken.

But we need a hero!! You gotta do this for the team!! Go ask her out!!!!!!
To meet me current wife I had to just go upstairs and knock on her room door, believe me I was worried she could say no I was nervous part of human nature.

To meet me current wife I had to just go upstairs and knock on her room door, believe me I was worried she could say no I was nervous part of human nature.
Ironically one of the most difficult parts for me was figuring out what I would say if she said ‘yes’

Woman get creeped out quick if they think some one is stalking, her being on the spectrum however could be different, she may be curious how your are. put a sign together WIll you go on a date with me if she likes you she will retort next time she sees you with her own sign with a smile.

Ironically one of the most difficult parts for me was figuring out what I would say if she said ‘yes’
That thew me off I had never dated so I just told her I like watching bands play at bars and her room previously belonged to my cousin who had moved out and would you like to watch him play that was our first date, my cousin saw us in the audience I had introduced her to him prior to the first set as he was the drummer and singer her put her name in a song and dedicated to us the whole bar was checking us out.
If any body is interested my cousin is Eddie Zeeman, has u-tube video he was well known up here.

Last edited:
I turn 36 this summer, though, and I still don’t regularly date.

Interesting to look back at my adulthood and realize that with all the single/divorced people I knew personally or professionally, few of them "regularly dated" period. Some quite gregarious, and equally attractive people.

You may have a distorted view of persons' actual social lives relative to dating.

Last edited:
Found out from others over the years we basically are Barbie and Ken. Even had people joke with us about this Wife told me as the land lord all the women in the house had made a pact that I was off limits if any one got a date with me.

I chatted with my second oldest son's fiance, was surprised she told me how nervous she was going on first date with my son.

Interesting to look back at my adulthood and realize that with all the single/divorced people I knew personally or professionally, few of them "regularly dated" period. Some quite gregarious, and equally attractive people.

You may have a distorted view of persons' actual social lives relative to dating.
yup another reminder that wizardry is either quite common or not unheard of for men on the spectrum.

There’s a worker at Dutch Bros. who I have chatted with when I’ve seen her working or on her break for the last few months. She told me recently that she’s on the Autism spectrum and she’s always smiling when she see’s me. This is making me wonder if my “time has come” so to say? Is this a golden opportunity to have another girlfriend finally come into my life?
Go for it!

No, I haven’t. I keep getting conflicting advice on how to go about it and I haven’t seen her the last times I’ve been to the location she works at. :(
The advice is not conflicting. You talk to her, find out more about her, learn about her as a person, see if she responds to you in a positive way, then ask her out if appropriate. It's not like something you do all in one day. Getting to know people takes time and effort.

And if she is not single, then oh well, you've made a new friendly acquaintance at the coffee shop.

You get discouraged and give up too easily.

No, I haven’t. I keep getting conflicting advice on how to go about it
That's unusual verbiage. Most people would say something like "No, I haven't. I just haven't gotten around to it" or something like that.

Instead, the way you have worded it, almost sounds like the blame is external. Like, you are being given conflicting instructions, ergo, you can't do an action.

Normally, I wouldn't notice someone writing this way, but with you, I do notice a pattern of thinking that seems to resist any changes whatsoever in your life. You seem quite miserable. Isn't committing to a small change, any change, better than your current life? We all want to help you to get to a better place.

Instead, the way you have worded it, almost sounds like the blame is external. Like, you are being given conflicting instructions, ergo, you can't do an action.
I've noticed this pattern too. It absolves responsibility. No one gave him the correct information, no one woke him up, the alarm clock didn't go off, his "mind" keeps telling him things, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure it's a protective thing, and protects the ego from hurt, because it feels better to place blame elsewhere. But at some point, one needs to recognize the harm they are doing to themselves by not accepting responsibility for their own actions. It's either that or remain stagnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom