• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has my “time” come so to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the root of my struggles comes from how messed up gender roles are in Central Texas and coming from a family of bullies who associate with like-minded people.

I think the root of my struggles comes from how messed up gender roles are in Central Texas

I'm just curious, what is going on in Central Texas? How is it messed up? 🤔

I don't know much about Texas, just that everything is bigger there and that you don't mess with it.

I think the root of my struggles comes from how messed up gender roles are in Central Texas and coming from a family of bullies who associate with like-minded people.
I’ve seen you share your struggles for a while now and I fail to see the connection.

You are extremely jealous of women. Almost obsessive about it. Please talk to a therapist about your anger. No one - male or female - can fix what you perceive as "unfair" but maybe you can learn to channel your anger into something useful.
yes because for all time, women can just passively exist and still be able to get into a relationship, men don't have that luxury, if your a guy, love is never gonna find you someday, but love will find you someday if you are a woman, because men normally don't have women seeking them out, yeah being involved in a relationship with someone who i was incompatible with, i feel i wasted my time with her, just further damaged my mental and emotional health, that really sums it up as to why my attitude has become the way it is. It led me to discovering a FB group for people that identify as being asexual, and it has members in the thousands.

It turns out there, there are plenty of people out there, who still instinctively innately want a relationship, companionship with another human being, of the other sex, even if that relationship doesn't involve sex. Well thats not for me though, i figured that out the hard way.

Last edited:
You're deflecting again. This really has nothing to do with the topic and I don't think blaming messed-up gender roles is going to solve your current dilemma.

Will you take a chance to ask out the girl or not? I'm not sure what else we can tell you. We can't decide for you.

yes because for all time, women can just passively exist and still be able to get into a relationship, men don't have that luxury, if your a guy, love is never gonna find you someday, but love will find you someday if you are a woman, because men normally don't have women seeking them out, yeah being involved in a relationship with someone who i was incompatible with, i feel i wasted my time with her, just further damaged my mental and emotional health, that really sums it up as to why my attitude has become the way it is. It led me to discovering a FB group for people that identify as being asexual, and it has members in the thousands.

It turns out there, there are plenty of people out there, who still instinctively innately want a relationship, companionship with another human being, of the other sex, even if that relationship doesn't involve sex. Well thats not for me though, i figured that out the hard way.
One of the things I've noticed about a lot of people who have ND issues is that they tend to be socially isolated and try to learn about life by watching various media content (television, movies, Youtube content, etc.) You really do sound like you fall into that group.

I would suggest you get to know a lot of women in real life, and not try to learn about women from what you see on television or Youtube. Because you paint a large population with a very large brush and lump an entire population into one group that has no room for variations. If you knew any women in real life, you would learn that women have just as many problems with dating that men do, although admittedly, their problems are different, but just as confusing and frustrating for them.

Get to know people - women - as real human beings. Watch media content created by women that covers women's issues. And yeah, also work on your anger issues. That's not helping.

I’ve seen you share your struggles for a while now and I fail to see the connection.
You're deflecting again. This really has nothing to do with the topic and I don't think blaming messed-up gender roles is going to solve your current dilemma.

Will you take a chance to ask out the girl or not? I'm not sure what else we can tell you. We can't decide for you.
Don't worry, ladies; I'm sure he appreciates all the attention you've been giving him.

I want to ask her out but I haven’t seen her since I last talked to her. My therapist also thinks I need to take things slowly.

I'm just curious, what is going on in Central Texas? How is it messed up? 🤔

I don't know much about Texas, just that everything is bigger there and that you don't mess with it.
Men in Central Texas are often expected and sometimes encouraged to be loud and aggressive. There are even men here who think it’s acceptable to use lawns as urinals.

Depends on the urgency of the matter and the
modesty of the guy. Michigan.

Behind a bush or tree.
Right out front in my driveway in the snow, leaving an
obvious record in the snow.

Whatever.

I find amusement in the implication that dating success is correlated to a man’s willingness to pee in public.

I think my struggles as well as my emotions are valid and I shouldn’t be hated for not knowing what to do.

I don't think anyone hates you. It's understandable that it's difficult, you have been alone for some time and it can be difficult to meet people. All we can do is try and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom