• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How much do looks really matter to women? And how much does personality (if at all)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a well developed sense of humour is attractive in a guy, it shows that he is reasonably "well adjusted" and intelligent, which are a significant draw card for a majority of females. It also makes him more fun to be around, which, for obvious reasons, women like.
In a demonstration of how we gals can all be so different, I find too many jokes tiresome and difficult to understand. Finding humor in life is surely important, but I get weary of it easily and prefer earnest and serious interactions.

Most markers of "attractive" and "desirable" seem so subjective to me that I reckon everyone is attractive to some and unattractive to others. I do not buy in to the idea of objective measures of beauty, attraction, or value.

Some gears fit together nicely and others just don't, but that doesn't mean they are bad gears, just the wrong ones for the job.

1724976159629.png

I have little sympathy for "incels" who blame women for their lack of sex. The mating game has always been a competition. It has become much more difficult lately.

In the early 1960s, almost every guy could hook up with a gal. That's because the rules said only one to a customer.

In the 1960s, a single woman had very little opportunity to make a life for herself. (Of course, there were exceptions.) There was both an economic need and strong social pressure to find a man as a partner. Unmarried sex was frowned upon, and pregnancy was a risk. Single mothers were treated very poorly. This meant that almost every guy could count on finding a gal.

Today, a woman can decide she doesn't need a guy - or kids. It's not a big deal. Far more likely than a straight guy saying "no" to women. That creates an imbalance in the supply. The shortage of women remaining in the available pool causes an increase in competition, whether it be for casual sex or long-term relationships. Thanks to the miracle of social media, the guys at the bottom of the heap get to band together as the incel movement.

Nobody is owed sex, and not all the wanting in the world can change that. I do know that I went through years-long "dry spells" and never ended up blaming women (or high-desirability males) for it. If there is a problem that can be resolved, it is within oneself.

You are correct, no one is owed sex and the only thing you can control is yourself. It's usually framed by women as uncivilised, entiled man children wanting sex but its both sex and connection that 'incels' want. Sex without connection is not the solution, the free market already provides it, black market or otherwise, and no one is happy. But still, men are seen to barely pass as human, operating solely on baser extincts than the 'fairer' sex..

Society as a whole desperately needs community rather than the current situation of atomised ghosts staring into screens, occasionally hooking up on the meat market using sex apps. Social networks via the internet are like diet coke, tastes like the real thing but its ultimately unfulfilling.

There has been dismantling of the family unit and ever shrinking brotherhoods. These severed relationships and pulled up family roots are not an ideal set of circumstances for men to flourish, especially low value men that women and society at large arent interested in or remotely compassionate towards. Oh well, just social darwinism isnt it..

Last edited:
How much do looks really matter to women? And how much does personality (if at all)?
When you find out from one woman, you will have found out from one woman.

With that said, it is a truth universally acknowledged that good looks will attract, that a bad attitude will repel, and that great wealth will cover a multitude of sins.

@Au Naturel

You're reacting to the "90% false" version of definition of "incel".

Even "men feel they have a right to sex" is a dishonest reframing (not by you OFC - it's extremely common, but repetition didn't make the "gender wage gap" real either (it's been a false narrative for over 40 years)).

I'm not very interested in tracing the lies, but the numbers obviously leave room for men who want sex and/or relationships and get neither:
* Fewer and later marriages, with a steady increase in the proportion of single women
* Women are hypergamous (this is evolved, so it's not good or bad - "it is what it is")

Clearly some males (not too many as a %, but out of about 4 billion total (165 million in the US), reduced to the correct demographic, that's still a lot of individuals.) will be left out of the game. A reminder. 30-odd percent of "incels" (i.e. those who are active in common-interest groups online) are ASD.

So we need to get away from the mainstream framing, and look at the words: in the case of incels, "RIght" clearly doesn't mean: Check the list of accepted human rights on the UN web site, and "The Right to have sex" is there beside "The Right to body autonomy".

But there is an obvious use of equivocation in the evolution of the false narrative. And Costello said that incels are genuinely frustrated and resentful (we can see such attitudes in this very forum), and they are prone to hyperbole.

So I don't doubt that scanning the web will come up with all kinds of intemperate language. But scanning the web provides intemperate language in a very wide range of related topics. And a lot of outright lies that operate in the other direction, some quite destructive for women, from the same source as the false "incel = terrorist" claims.

Like the wage gap BS, I could provide examples, but most of the real-world damage has already been done, so I'm not inclined to upset people here, where it won't do any good.

So I'll close by a mild reversal of the argument: one of the underlying causes of young men having difficulties finding sexual partners is reflected in the ever increasing proportion of women who "age out" of the normal age range for having children without ever having a child or settling down (genuine LTR (a rara avis these days) or marriage).

They have a right to do this of course, and I'm not interested in whether they have regrets or not.

The point is that it's a reasonable assumption that, due to hypergamy (which is a natural, evolved behavior in human XX's) they've probably never interacted with someone who would self-identify as "involuntarily celibate".

OFC this doesn't close the loop in terms of stats or logic, but I'm not trying to put a full picture together. It's just some informal support for the fact that in the 21st century, some number of males are going to have real difficulty finding any sexual partners. And that demonizing them, particularly using obvious lies, is not reasonable.

A prediction:
As we move forward in time, we'll see more and more articles calling for sympathy for the group of women I mentioned above, along with calls for special support for them.
Meanwhile the "incels" will continue to be maligned - not only won't they receive the mental health support and treatment they deserve, but they'll continue to have their mental health openly attacked by a fairly large part of society.

Given the ongoing population crunch, it's difficult to imagine a worse time for conflict between the sexes. But here we are, participating (in a very small way) in such a conflict.

But perhaps it's inevitable. After all, the underlying cause of both problems is the same /lol.

Last edited:
How much do looks really matter to women...?
OP, looks matter to everyone...!
But (thankfully) there is no objective standard when it comes to attractiveness. Your ancestors (who looked like you) appealed to someone, so you likely will too --unless you have a repulsive personality.
Mr. Sandman, The Chordettes (1954)

Last edited:
Heh yes and some males are sneaky and instead of searching for their own items, will go and steal it from other males. Nature is fascinating :)

Thinking about this in human context, if I came home and found my husband had scattered a bunch of colorful junk around the front door and was dancing around the yard like a naked madman to attract my attention, I would not be amused. ;)

Thinking about this in human context, if I came home and found my husband had scattered a bunch of colorful junk around the front door and was dancing around the yard like a naked madman to attract my attention, I would not be amused. ;)
Someone already thought about it heh
1725025703069.jpeg

That reminds me of an old commercial (that I cannot find).

A man comes home to find rose petals strewn all over his living room floor leading up the stairs, presumably to his bedroom.
With a look of exasperation, he starts vacuuming up the "mess...!"

Last edited:
@Outdated once posted a hilarious TV advertisement or commercial from Australia with some bulls riding in a truck, looking for the heifers. I can't find it in the archives, darn it.

Last edited:

Interesting, that happens to be how I court women, maybe I should change my strategy? 🤔 Less naked dancing?

😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom