• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Decided somewhat recently to give the 4X genre another try. I'd previously tried Civ numerous times, bounced off of it pretty hard every time, avoided the genre after that. Figured, let's give the genre another try, maybe it was specifically Civ I didnt like, and I'll find others I do like.

Yep, that's how it went. Geez, I've been missing out on awesome stuff here.

s1.jpg

First, Age of Wonders 4, which was the one that got the genre to click for me. This is just so darned good. Such a wildly different approach to everything from what Civ was, this one is high on combat (taking place in separate battle maps) and has 3 main maps that are always active at the same time... overworld, underworld, and the... er... eldritch something or other, though that's with an expansion. Which all complicates things. This game really showed me some of why Civ didnt work for me. A big part of it was pacing. In Civ it takes like 5000 turns to fart out one doofus with a bow, but everything is much faster here, the max turn count for a full playthrough is only 150. Brilliant game really.

s2.jpg

Endless Legend, which is definitely its own style of odd. One of those games that was really well received, any time I was looking for recommendations on what to start with, pretty much everyone always mentioned this in their list. I only just started on this one though, I've no idea what I'm doing.

s3.jpg

Conquest of Elysium 5. Yeah this has the weirdest look to it, but it's sooooooooo good. This one isnt QUITE a 4X, it's a... something. This one takes a type of approach that only indies would dare do, it's one of those games that doesnt give a fart about what you think "balance" should be. It's absolutely possible to start a run, and freaking Hastur, the King in Yellow, just sorta shows up on turn 3 and eats your army. Why? "Because", that's why. The graphics are super limited, but much like Dwarf Fortress, this allows for a totally absurd amount of content. There's like, what... 1500 different units/monsters/things? There is so much to do here. Real nasty learning curve though.

And with those, yeah, firmly entrenched in this funky genre. There's plenty of others to try out but this is a full plate already.

I've started playing Puzzling Places on the PlayStation VR2. It's a 3D/VR jigsaw puzzle game and it's pretty fun and relaxing. I wasn't sure a game like this would work in VR but I think now I'd rather do a jigsaw puzzle this way instead of a real one (won't ever have to worry about missing pieces).

Diablo 4. To me it's more boring, than diablo 3, and it annoys me that it's a multiplayer, so I can't pause game when I want, but I still want to see the story.

I've started getting back into Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch again. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I'm still disappointed at many of the changes Nintendo made to it. While some changes were definitely for the better, a lot weren't. I've put many, many hours into the 3DS version of the game, made friends from all over the world through it (we still keep in touch outside of the game) but almost all of them have moved on from the Switch game within the first year of its release, meanwhile with the 3DS one we played for several years but that one can't be played online anymore.

I've started getting back into Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch again. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I'm still disappointed at many of the changes Nintendo made to it. While some changes were definitely for the better, a lot weren't. I've put many, many hours into the 3DS version of the game, made friends from all over the world through it (we still keep in touch outside of the game) but almost all of them have moved on from the Switch game within the first year of its release, meanwhile with the 3DS one we played for several years but that one can't be played online anymore.
Constant foraging for wood and stones and crafting always breaking tools just killed the game for me. I loved playing new leaf on 3ds, amazing game.

Liked the game at first, but the more I played it, I find it to be an absolute chore. It could've been a whole lot better, too. The constant tool breaking really damper the entire game for me, so after a year of playing it, I dropped it for good.

I agree with both of you, letting all the tools break, even the golden ones which gives you less incentive to try to earn them, was a mistake. I also disliked the crafting aspect, in fact I skip playing so many games once I see in the description any mention about crafting (too few games have done it right, imo).

There was a new expansion released last tuesday so I am back to the massive World of Warcraft online. I've go a great guild so this is one that I keep coming back to for several months of each year. Once I get the story done and get my character to end game then I typically take a break and go to other games.

Apart from WoW I've been playing a lot of the old Spore game from EA. I shouldn't say "old" as it was around 2007/8 when it came out but with the way graphics have gone the last 16 years it feels old. Still miffed I had to pay for it a second time. When the game first came out I'd bought it, but this was back in the day of online registration codes. So after my computer died I couldn't reinstall because the code had been used already. Real nice to find out after having bought the fancy collectors edition.

Apart from WoW I've been playing a lot of the old Spore game from EA. I shouldn't say "old" as it was around 2007/8 when it came out but with the way graphics have gone the last 16 years it feels old. Still miffed I had to pay for it a second time. When the game first came out I'd bought it, but this was back in the day of online registration codes. So after my computer died I couldn't reinstall because the code had been used already. Real nice to find out after having bought the fancy collectors edition.

This gives me so much nostalgia! I think that was the last physical game I bought and I remember distinctly not knowing if my terrible little laptop would even run it, and somehow, by the grace of god, it did!

I also had to buy it again, but thankfully I think the second time around was 1/4th of the price on Steam

This gives me so much nostalgia! I think that was the last physical game I bought and I remember distinctly not knowing if my terrible little laptop would even run it, and somehow, by the grace of god, it did!

I also had to buy it again, but thankfully I think the second time around was 1/4th of the price on Steam
Thankfully the repurchase was less than $10 CAD for the base game and all the extra dlc. And setup to run properly on Win 11. It's amusing as I still have the collectors box and CD, even though I don't have a computer in the house with a disk drive in it.

I don't own a video game consol or any of that, but there are a few of the free games on my phone that I like at times.

New Threads

Top Bottom