• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

This is happening in Trollhättan, Sweden right now. A lithium car battery started this fire at a recycling plant and the fire department now says it's impossible to put it out. :oops: They can't stop it.
We've had quite a few of those sorts of fires in Australia too, a few garbage trucks have had to dump their burning loads in the middle of a street, and there's been a couple of fires at recycling plants that we couldn't put out, all we could do was evacuate people down wind and wait for a few days until they burnt themselves out.

What really worries me is the household electricity storage units like the one in the picture below. I complained to the government about these and their dangers 5 years ago. You'd think units mounted on walls would be safe until you consider the fact that these are homes where families are living. Bits of gum nuts flying out from the lawnmower, kids with bikes and balls, pets. These things are going to get knocked around a bit over the years.

Tesla-Powerwall-2-installed.jpg

Lithium's great stuff to have around! Fun for all the family!!

2Li + 2H₂O = H₂ + 2LiOH + Heat

Lithium + water = flammable hydrogen gas + Lithium Hydroxide (which immediately forms a corrosive alkali solution with water) + it's exothermic too (and molten lithium is even more fun!)
What better thing to have in a family home?

What better thing to have in a family home?
The government took my warning seriously, although I imagine others also pointed out the same problem to them. I didn't just complain, I pointed out the features of Sodium Ion batteries. It turns out one of our universities was studying just that and it didn't take much to set up a collaborative enterprise which is now close to becoming commercial, especially after recent breakthrough discoveries.

Sodium-Ion Batteries Australia - Sparc Technologies

I was looking at a map and I noticed two strange blue-ish streaks and something that looked like a bright light in the forest.

map.jpg

Turned out it's a plane. But I do wonder why there is a bright rainbow-colored plane shape behind it. 🤔

map2.jpg

Well, Silent Hill: Townfall is being made by No Code, who are in Glasgow, Scotland. So maybe the game is safe, since Annapurna Interactive could just be replaced with a different publisher.

They were to release it as part of the Silent Hill franchise, which is an IP owned by Konami Digital Entertainment. But I'll keep you posted if there's any update.

New Threads

Top Bottom