• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

It does sound like they are saying "sex", but both the Danes and us at least have the common sense to write it like this: "seks". The Swedes on the other hand just write "sex" when they are talking about the number six. :)
Swedes don't hide behind some common sense haha, chads

It does sound like they are saying "sex", but both the Danes and us at least have the common sense to write it like this: "seks". The Swedes on the other hand just write "sex" when they are talking about the number six. :)
There's sort of a similar thing going on between Australia and New Zealand, we stir them up about their pronounciation a lot. It's all in good fun though, Australia and New Zealand are very close, like brothers really. We fight between ourselves a lot but if someone else tries to join in they'll find out just how close we are.

Last edited:
I’ve spent a bit of time muddling around with communication between people who aren’t fluent in one language or another. It can come out to some weird thoughts.

Reminds me of the time in Mexico when I called a woman's miniature chihuahua dog a parasite (parasito) rather than a little dog (perrito). She laughed as much as I did. :D

Wait a minute, you're tricking me, aren't you. 🤔 What you said probably means something like "I'm a very stupid man". I know this trick, the last time I taught someone Norwegian, the first thing I taught him to say was "Hei, jeg har bare èn testikkel og min elsker er en geit". It means "Hello, I have only one testicle and my lover is a goat". He thought he was saying "Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you". 😆

The mods probably will delete this, but one summer I spent in Greece with fellow law students, we'd drink too much and teach the Greeks the American way to toast each other with alcoholic drinks was to say "up yours"!

There's sort of a similar thing going on between Australia and New Zealand, we stir them up about their pronounciation a lot. It's all in good fun though, Australia and New Zealand are very close, like brothers really. We fight between ourselves a lot but if someone else tries to join in they'll find out just how close we are.

I can't quit laughing! 🤣

USA & Canada have a similar relationship, as seen on T-shirts.

Canada: USA's hat.
USA: Canada's shorts.

Screenshot 2024-09-30 174841.png

If only he was wearing this shirt the whole time :D

I'm just wondering if there is a Picasso down there 🙂
Like in the news story I linked to.

I like to watch Antiques Roadshow on TV. I don't know if Norway has something similar. Many people have found very valuable antiques and art, the value of which they knew nothing about until they appeared on the show. I've been on the show twice, once with some antiques collected by my grandfather in Romania during WWII, and another time with some antique vases that I inherited from my family. It was fun and informative but, boy, was I shocked by how I look and sound on TV! I still have a lot of things that I'd like to take to the show the next time it is filmed in my area, but I'm going to make my husband be the one featured and interviewed on TV if the producers want to include our items in the filmed show.

New Threads

Top Bottom