• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Purposely being ignored in social settings/Women hate me

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your point is????
The women that are involved in relationships, talk to many others, couples, single men, single woman too. It's church, talking to others is to be expected.Try to think about what l am saying here, as a way to change your thinking about this, okay? I am more friendly now that l go out with my guy who lives with me. l feel more relaxed.

Last edited:
well, it has always been and probably always will be, a mens only issue when it comes to either being afraid or just having issues, problems, interacting with the opposite sex, because men having to be the ones to open their mouth first, is something men will always be stuck with whether they like it or not, hence why most chronically forever alone/single people in the world are male-dominated cases, and whenever people say "so what", or "who cares", it is just more enraging.

why are men afraid to talk to women - Google Suche

It even says that 90% yes that high are afraid to approach women. I even seen women online who actually think they are ugly when I think they are so beautiful but they complain they don't get asked out. When I read the comments the guys say that they are actually afraid to ask or approach her because she is actually attractive and they are afraid that she going to tear her head off. Humiliated and put the guy down.

Men and women are very divided today, sometimes with strong ideas of each other which have little to do with real life. These guys may say they're intimidated when they're not, to secretly put down women who aren't interested in them, and make it seem like the woman's fault if she's single. I don't think any decent person will tear your head off if you treat them with respect and are genuine.

In France right now is a court case involving a woman whose husband drugged her, and invited about 50 men to rape her. So even if men are afraid to approach women, this is also the world women are living in. Women are treated this way, with few men to trust, yet are vilified for being single. You are doing a good thing going out and interacting. Keep in mind they are people that you're interacting with--not just single, married, men, or women. You will find someone. It's hard to slow down, but rushing is never productive.

I hope your therapy goes well :)

@Tony Ramirez

The social foundation for Male/Female interactions has changed radically in the last 20-odd years.
The fastest changes have coincided with the widespread use of Smartphones.
(it's not exactly a simple cause/effect relationship, but it's not coincidence either).

Here's an interesting number for you (it's real, from a survey):

20% of Gen-Z think a man approaching a women in public is usually or always harassment.

And don't forget: Gen-Z are relatively enthusiastic about reporting that kind of thing.

A lot of fools have been claiming men choosing not to approach women are scared/terrified, but this is obviously nonsense.
The odds of being accused of harassment plus the relatively extreme consequences make "cold approaching" an unwise choice. Not doing something with an obvious net negative result (probability of a bad outcome times the consequences of that bad outcome) is sensible.

It's an example of a lot of the choices people make every day, like waiting until your food/drink is cool enough that you won't burn your mouth. That decision certainly isn't due to terror, and it's a big stretch to call it fear.
We are literally "hard-wired" to avoid negative outcomes, for obvious reasons.

NB: This isn't the full picture of how and way the "dating market" is so messed up. For example dating apps have had a bad result too. And there's a lot of other paradoxical stuff happening.

But it's a good indicator towards the reason some men aren't asking women out in some situations where, in the past, they might have done so.

In terms of what you yourself should consider: I think you've been given enough good advice lately to cover everything important.

Last edited:
@Tony Ramirez

The woman in that picture is fishing for compliments.

She's also using "faux natural" makeup, "faux un-styled" hair, and she's turned off her "posing face" ... but she's using the "subtle exposed lace: look at my chest" style, and that picture is framed perfectly - she's definitely been practicing the pose.

Women aren't all like that, and few women do that kind of thing all the time.
But "thirst traps" are far more common than genuinely natural images online. You should not draw any real-life conclusions from them.

read this in a book and it did make me angry, and its another reminder on something that i'm sure will always be the same, it said "Men initiating an interaction with women has always been (and always will be) a fundamental part of courtship. From the ancient days until now, it’s been primarily up to a man to
commence
a possible connection between two people".

Even though lots of people argue and say that arranged marriage was the norm for most of human civilization.

Also, l have noticed men who won't accept no, l am not interested sentence. l dealt with three of these types in my jobs, it was uncomfortable.

To get approached by a man, just flash him a couple smiles to give him the reassurance that it's safe to approach. It's a lot of risk to a man's dignity, especially in our unforgiving climate.

read this in a book and it did make me angry, and its another reminder on something that i'm sure will always be the same, it said "Men initiating an interaction with women has always been (and always will be) a fundamental part of courtship. From the ancient days until now, it’s been primarily up to a man to
commence
a possible connection between two people".

Even though lots of people argue and say that arranged marriage was the norm for most of human civilization.

About as useful as getting angry at the tide coming in or the sun rising in the morning.

You could make a reference (readers: *analogy*) to supply and demand economics. If there is an oversupply of consumers for a desirable commodity then it makes it valuable and it makes sense for the buyers to make the approach.

Why would a woman waste energy, that could be spent elsewhere, on approaching if she doesn't need to. Does Ronaldo humbly approach football clubs, cap in hand, begging to play for them? No the clubs make an offer to him, moving heaven and earth to make themselves an attractive destination!

One might be tempted to make an exception that proves the rule, but we're dealing with norms and probably biological programming, which doesnt appear in a vacuum.

Last edited:
@Tony Ramirez

The woman in that picture is fishing for compliments.

She's also using "faux natural" makeup, "faux un-styled" hair, and she's turned off her "posing face" ... but she's using the "subtle exposed lace: look at my chest" style, and that picture is framed perfectly - she's definitely been practicing the pose.

Women aren't all like that, and few women do that kind of thing all the time.
But "thirst traps" are far more common than genuinely natural images online. You should not draw any real-life conclusions from them.

RE: "thirst traps" I wonder if the same could be said for all the OP's posts on here. I get it, that writing about your struggles can be therapeutic. But we're not therapists here. And constantly posting the same topic time after time, and getting angry with the advice is clearly not aiding the situation for him. There'll be some solidarity in other people on here struggling with relationships, but again; it's not providing what he expects or wants.

Therapy will be good, but what if the therapist suggests dating isn't a good idea until his mental health improves. Wonder how that would be taken, as it's been said by many on here. This salvation fantasy that finding a woman will fix things is unrealistic.

Also posing a 19 year old's post when your 47 is a bit odd in my opinion. But yes, I've seen a lot of that online - especially any format where you can get "likes" from other people - it triggers the old reward centre in the brain. Still doesn't fill the void within though. Truthfully, if she isn't being asked out, then gets thousands of likes and hundreds of comment praising her, might that make her real life situation feel more hopeless? I don't know. Reddit is a weird place.

I tried a few posts on different groups on Reddit to make friends. Some had very specific title formats. I recall getting very few replies. Then I copied and pasted one person's title and edited it to my own, as all the format had to be precise of the post was instantly deleted. And in my haste I didn't alter the "F" to "M". And unlike every other post I'd made, I was inundated with inbox messages from men.

People I've dated have all said the same thing - the online world for dating and communication as a woman can be exhausting, because they're often bombarded with men trying their luck, and basically trying to get into their pants. A woman I'm seeing at the moment has had a lifetime of the same issue with male friends; eventually a lot of them end up trying it on, and in doing so they've made the entire friendship awkward from then on.

At the end of the day you can't disregard multitudes of potential friends because they're in relationships or married, and then complain how lonely you are, when the reality is you're burning countless bridges in the pursuit of a goal that is unlikely to truly make you any happier until you address your mental health issues beforehand.

Ed

@Raggamuffin

A comment to modulate my "agree".

When serious tests are done looking for different aspects of "attractiveness" in both M and F, age-wise men (I think 25+to all the way up) choose around 23. That correlates well with "evolutionary pressure" of course, so not surprising.
And it explains the preferences famously displayed by a very well-known actor (IIRC he was in "Gilbert Grape").

The correlation for women tracks age more closely. IIRC there's some unevenness due to the age/resource correlation confounding the data at lower ages.

The question for guys isn't an answer (full or partial) to the question "Who would you consider approaching if you felt it was safe?". IRL I think men are generally fairly realistic in that respect.

I used to disapprove of men in the center 68% of the gaussian distribution "aiming too high" online, but times have changed, and the numbers from dating apps have revealed some uncomfortable truths.

So my personal behavior hasn't changed, but now that it's been proven that (almost) all women act as though they are 10's, I'm less "disapproving", and more "reluctantly accommodating the times" regarding male online optimism. And it's a rare example of "equality of expectations" /lol.

O tempora, O mores! :)

In general though, I think people should be realistic with themselves, and that 98.5% of ASDs incur at least a "10 point innate attractiveness penalty". Hopefully Tony selected that picture just to support his claim.
If I was in his shoes I'd be looking at the "45+" demographic (including the "quiet part", so the lower bound isn't fixed exactly).

Last edited:
About as useful as getting angry at the tide coming in or the sun rising in the morning.

You could make a reference (readers: *analogy*) to supply and demand economics. If there is an oversupply of consumers for a desirable commodity then it makes it valuable and it makes sense for the buyers to make the approach.

Why would a woman waste energy, that could be spent elsewhere, on approaching if she doesn't need to. Does Ronaldo humbly approach football clubs, cap in hand, begging to play for them? No the clubs make an offer to him, moving heaven and earth to make themselves an attractive destination!

One might be tempted to make an exception that proves the rule, but we're dealing with norms and probably biological programming, which doesnt appear in a vacuum.
yeah, to sum it up, women naturally by default have value, women are the gender that are aways in demand

Also posing a 19 year old's post when your 47 is a bit odd in my opinion
I knew you were going to say that always getting hate from the same people here who have a partner or who got action. It was a damn example only. I am not looking to hook up with her, dammit. I am getting really sick of being accused here. Also as I said again for the millionth time I see quite a lot of older men in NYC with younger women and again for the millionth time I look 15 to 20 years younger than my age.

I look 15 to 20 years younger than my age.

Not to people who are 15-20 years younger than you. People's judgement of age skews upward as they themselves age.

I'm older than you, and have reached a point where a 40-year old with good skin looks young to me.
I noticed this is via a photo of a YouTube creator yesterday. My first impression was "I thought he was older", then I noticed grey hair in his beard, and revised my estimate back up again :)

Last edited:
Even my beard don't have much gray hair. Looks young 30's at best. I seen men younger than me and their beards look like Santa Claus.

Everyone I ask never believe my age and are shocked. Where were you during 9/11 is a real good conversation starter as is the original Star Wars movie release date game I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom