• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Riddles

Final Clue:

My name is not Frank and Ethel
but I love them to
milk chocolate, caramel, nougat and
peanut bits

My name is __________s.
I was part of the Mars family,
on Milky Way farm.
I smirked a lot;
a name that is the same & fits.

"Well that's surely snickers", he chortled?
Bit of a Marathon that one!
But horses? Frank and Ethel? Are we talking cultural differences here? (such as my marathon comment).

(Snickers used to be called Marathon back in the 80's in the UK).

Not sure this one is much good.
Completely rewrite it, maybe I should?

Held close to your heart,
You'll never want to part.
You'll share some with all,
Yet other one's may pall.
They cost nothing or less,
Yet some are priceless.
We can't live without them,
Can be important or fun.
They'll shape your ideas,
And other folks fears.
They can't be proven,
Though emotionally moving.

"Well that's surely snickers", he chortled?
Bit of a Marathon that one!
But horses? Frank and Ethel? Are we talking cultural differences here? (such as my marathon comment).
@Boogs is the winner! The name of Frank and Ethel Mars' favorite horse on their Milky Way farm was called Snickers.That is why three of their candy bars were called those three names, and why their company name is Mars, Incorporated.

@Boogs is the winner! The name of Frank and Ethel Mars' favorite horse on their Milky Way farm was called Snickers.That is why three of their candy bars were called those three names, and why their company name is Mars, Incorporated.
how am i supposed to know this without googling, which would be cheating... :oops:

Yet some are priceless.
Can be important or fun.
And other folks fears.
They can't be proven,
Memories

@Boogs is the winner! The name of Frank and Ethel Mars' favorite horse on their Milky Way farm was called Snickers.That is why three of their candy bars were called that, and why their company name is Mars, Incorporated.
Ah, that's related to the original formation of Mars as a company then?
While I hate to split hairs (actually, I love to! 😄), it's Mars Wrigley now! Chew on that! 😁

how am i supposed to know this without googling, which would be cheating... :oops:
As these are original riddles and harder, looking up synonyms and keywords is expected, not cheating. If one looked up synonyms for laughing, they could have figured it out easier.

As these are original riddles and harder, looking up synonyms and keywords is expected, not cheating. If one looked up synonyms for laughing, they could have figured it out easier.
I would have known without needing to look ip synonyms that a snicker is a type of laugh but not that there was a horse named that.

Yes, I was referring to the company Mars. Interesting fact you gave there.
Ah, that's related to the original formation of Mars as a company then?
While I hate to split hairs (actually, I love to! 😄), it's Mars Wrigley now! Chew on that!

Yet some are priceless.
Can be important or fun.
And other folks fears.
They can't be proven,
Goals or Dreams?

I would have known without needing to look ip synonyms that a snicker is a type of laugh but not that there was a horse named that.
True, but you do not need to know a horse was called Snickers as other clues alone or added to that can give the answer. Some clues I give will just be interesting facts so if you have an answer idea, look up that fact I gave to see if your original idea could be correct. I purposefully create riddles though that are hard to figure out, even with these added facts I give. ****Ex: A lot of people would not know a group of ducks is called a raft, yet that was a clue you smartly gave.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom