• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has my “time” come so to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rodafina is right coffee dates can be awkward I've been on one and it felt like a job interview, why haven't you got a career etc lol
Any venue can be awkward.
BTW, we aren't talking about a "date". :cool:

Don't let the confines of rituals like dating preclude you from making a meaningful connection with another human being. But all of this still involves on fundamental reality. That you have to take the first step forward, and be willing to accept whatever happens as a result of it. And to the best of your ability, overcome your own sense of fear in taking that step.
I'm a little surprised ppl are talking about "dating".
I would have thought a shared "coffee" was simply a "getting to know one another" scenario.
Well, that was the context of my recent contribution.

But why did you bring up my past there?
For one thing, I wanted to pointed out that you were bullied there.
It isn't a friendly place if you have a different narrative.
And through implication, I was saying this is a more sympathetic website.

BTW, You may have noticed I gave you a "friendly" at the time, showing sympathy.

Probably because it seems your past is all that matters to you.
That wasn't in my mind.
I was making the observation that Markness has been talking about a desire for a GF for years.
My understanding is that he hasn't been at the other place for a very long time.

I would have thought a shared "coffee" was simply a "getting to know one another" scenario.
I can't even have that unless it's with some man. Really I had several coffee hangs with only men and it's quite annoying. Even the last one when it was a split of women and I still ended up with two blokes somehow that ended up as one hang.

Even actually spending all day in actually coffee shops the past month is a yelling 100% failure rate even with one women I know this Sunday just saying hi and bye and another one just now giving me the cold shoulder. BTW they know each other.

Even actually spending all day in actually coffee shops the past month is a yelling 100% failure rate even with one women I know this Sunday just saying hi and bye and another one just now giving me the cold shoulder. BTW they know each other.
I don't want to make you paranoid, but ppl do talk behind our back.
This has happened all my life.
Could this be part of your problem?

Probably because it seems your past is all that matters to you.
That wasn't in my mind.
I was making the observation that Markness has been talking about a desire for a GF for years.
My understanding is that he hasn't been at the other place for a very long time.
My mistake then, although he does seem to dwell on past events; and yes, not having a GF seems to be his primary topic; and my understanding, is that he is apparently not allowed to return to that "Other Place".

I don't want to make you paranoid, but ppl do talk behind our back.
This has happened all my life.
Could this be part of your problem?
Who knows. Who cares. I give up. I am still going too these places just to get out of my terrible house but I don't care about finding a female relationship or a female platonic friend anymore because I now know playing the lottery I have a better chance of winning some money hitting some numbers on occasion. I had about a 30% success rate in the 5 years 2 months especially the past 2 recent years I really tried compared to the 0% success rate of finding a female relationship/platonic friend instead wasted some of my money on a useless endeavor.

That wasn't in my mind.
I actually had a membership there back in 2006 when I initially became clinically depressed at the age of 17. Even back then, people were telling me things like “You aren’t seeing or you can’t see the ‘Big Picture.’ (Without ever explaining to me what it was.)”, “If you don’t love yourself, no one can love you!”, “You need to be confident!”, “Go to the gym!” (I still don’t understand this advice.), “You need to think positively!”, “You’re only 17/18!” (I turned 18 that year.), “You need to be ‘kind’, not ‘nice.’ ‘Nice guys’ always finish last.”, and “Women are trouble! Don’t bother with them!”, amongst many other common phrases.

You repeatedly refer to things going or not going "your way."

I get the impression that you figure "your way" would be
Perfect First Time, not a matter of incremental improvement.

You repeatedly refer to things going or not going "your way."

I get the impression that you figure "your way" would be
Perfect First Time, not a matter of incremental improvement.
No one ever told me nor described incremental improvement. I was more or less told “Just do it.” or expect nothing.

It sounds like you are still following the same idea.

*Get it 'right' the first time, or it's all over.*

I think nobody expected you, as a baby, to stand up and walk
on the first attempt. Or to start speaking full grammatical
sentences one particular day.

It sounds like you are still following the same idea.

*Get it 'right' the first time, or it's all over.*

I think nobody expected you, as a baby, to stand up and walk
on the first attempt. Or to start speaking full grammatical
sentences one particular day.
I didn’t feel that way about walking and talking because I honestly don’t remember when I first achieved those abilities. When it came to “getting the girls” or doing something like playing the guitar good, I felt like I was way behind and couldn’t catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom