• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I messed up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t detect sarcasm or joking very well.
I suspected as much considering those things can go over someone’s head if they’re on the spectrum. Sometimes people’s jokes can definitely go over mine. I just didn’t want the help people were trying to give derail.

Also, Tony, since I got a laughter response from you: Markness and I’s our backgrounds have a bunch of similarities, (I’ve been seeing his posts for years now) so I empathize with him often. I don’t respond often to him, but when I do, it’s because I want to try help get him out of his rut and sometimes I do by being direct.

Last edited:
tree was just being sarcastic to make a point that one bad trainer wasn’t a reason to stop. Just pick another place with friendlier staff.
I don’t detect sarcasm or joking very well.

@Markness
What I was hoping for was that you'd see the unlikelihood of there being only one trainer in Texas and
realize that you'd limited yourself, as if there were only one.

Maybe even with a little amused self recognition.
*Oh there I go again. Trying once and giving up
because it wasn't a perfect fit.*

And then thinking *Hey, I could give it another go,
someplace else.*

Trying once and giving up
Or you keep trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying for 5 years and continue trying and trying trying and trying trying and trying then you get more bitter and sick of people and you feel like giving up but you keep trying and trying.

Trying repeatedly isn't a waste of time,
if there is learning involved.
Agreed. You're supposed to learn from things that did not go as planned.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over when you know it doesn't work, it shows you're not learning.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over when you know it doesn't work, it shows you're not learning.
Doing yoga by joining the studio last year was one of the best decisions of my life. Now joining this new church is a new chapter so yes these are new things in my life I tried and will be doing.

Lots of opportunities for you Tony!
This new place I am going to looks much more of an opportunity that they do stuff outside of service more.

I also practically saved the yoga studio from going under by moving far away by keeping the main teacher who I inspired to stay and then hired other great new teachers because of me.

@Markness
What I was hoping for was that you'd see the unlikelihood of there being only one trainer in Texas and
realize that you'd limited yourself, as if there were only one.

Maybe even with a little amused self recognition.
*Oh there I go again. Trying once and giving up
because it wasn't a perfect fit.*

And then thinking *Hey, I could give it another go,
someplace else.*
But why didn’t working with the trainer I had lead to a relationship?

But why didn’t working with the trainer I had lead to a relationship?
What kind of trainer was it?

I thought you were talking about a physical fitness trainer.

Was it some sort of Matchmaker/Social Skills trainer?
Or what?

You expected development of the physical self to
correlate with social competence?

You expected development of the physical self to correlate with social competence?
It would make no sense. I know a lot of people -- neighbors, (former) co-workers, relatives, friends -- whose appearance could be considered plain or "ugly", yet they have meaningful and productive relationships. This would seem to indicate that it takes more than (or something other than) physical appearance to establish and maintain a relationship.

Personality, perhaps?

Give him a break. I tried as much as he has even more and still got mostly crap thrown at me for being so nice.i am sick of it so let him vet he deserves it

I cannot, in good confidence, let you just have this.

I have not said anything anyone else wouldn't say.

I have not bullied him.

I have not said anything to insult him.

I have not intentionally done anything to provoke his ire, or anyone else's.

I have only said things that come from experience, because I understand the hell of feeling worthless daily. It's something I REFUSE to go back to.

But if that makes me the bad guy in your eyes, so be it.

Last edited:
You expected development of the physical self to
correlate with social competence?
It wasn’t the primary reason my mother and former stepfather arranged for me to work under this person but they thought it would help with socialization.

My mother did (And still does despite losing some weight this year.) constantly bring up the fact that I was overweight and that was making me unattractive to women. This is in spite of the fact she keeps getting married to fat men herself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom